⚡58

"Protego Totalum

"Protego Totalum." Nari casted, as she held up her wand to the perimeter they were residing in since Renjun couldn't travel.

Nari repeated it all around as she tried to distract herself.
"Hey." A voice said softly and Nari looked at Mark and back to her spells.
"Are you okay?" He asked, stepping in front of her and she shook her head

Mark sighed and took his wand out, taking over with the spells.
"He'll be okay."
"I know." She whispered, not wanting to look at Renjun who was still laying a good out of ear distance away.

"Do you want to talk about it?"
"Talk about what?" Nari snapped out of her daydream, swallowing the lump in her throat.
"Clearly there's something up."

Nari shook her and and cleared her throat.
"It's nothing, I'm just being stupid." She began walking outside of the perimeter they made and sat down at a far tree.
Mark joined her not long after.

"I wonder how everyone is- how Areum is." He sighed, looking out into the distance.
"She'll be okay, we both know how strong she is." Nari smiled and Mark nodded with a chuckle.
"I'm glad I met her."

The two sat in silence, Nari's thoughts consuming her and her heart felt like it was being twisted as she began delving into her confusion.
"Penny for your thoughts?"

Nari looked over at Mark and couldn't even manage a smile. Mark's face dropped and he looked at her concerned.
"What's wrong?"
"I just-i don't know anymore." She sighed out of frustration.

Mark was silent for a second.
"Is it to do with Jaemin?"
"Not exactly..."
"It's Renjun then isn't it?"
"What?" Her head snapped up and she shook her head violently.

"N-no I just... maybe." She trailed off, looking down at her hands.
"I don't know what's happening." She muttered out, picking at the grass under her.
"I think I know." Mark said, surpressing his smile and Nari looked at him.

"What?" She asked, perking up with attention. Mark looked at her with confusion.
"Wait you really don't know?"
"Know what...?" She said seriously. Mark's eyes flickered around her face for any indication of lying.
"Interesting." He concluded and Nari glared at him.

"Fine." She said standing up and dusting herself off.
"Nice to know my feelings are valued here, thanks pal-"

"You like Renjun."

Nari stopped walking, her body freezing at the statement Mark pulled out.
"I'm right aren't I." He said, standing up and walking over to Nari.
Her head was down and she looked at the ground to avoid Mark's eyes.

"Nari..."
Nari shook her head and looked at Mark.
"I...I don't-"
"Why are you trying so hard to ignore it." Mark inquired, watching the girl surpress her feelings.

"He's my best friend, we've always been best friends- I can't..."
"Say it out loud." Mark told her and she looked at him confused.
"Say you like him, out loud." He urged and she looked at him weirdly.

"That's how I came to terms with it, I heard it outloud and it all just...made itself clear."

Nari took a deep breath and looked around her.
"I..." She began, nervous and her heart pounded.

"Yeah?"
Mark asked and he got no response. His eyes drew down to Nari and saw tears welling up in her eyes.
"W-what do I do Mark? I can't- he's my best friend..." She trailed off, sniffling.

"Why do you think the bond worked Nari?" He smiled at the girl and she looked up at him.

"It's because you're in love with him."