⚡49

Renjun sighed, concealing his overwhelming feelings for his best friend and pushing aside the sadness as he plastered a smile on his face

He pushed the door open and walked into the room with a jovial nature.

"Guess what!" He exclaimed with pure excitement in his eyes. Nari jumped slightly and dabbed her watery eyes.
"What?" She asked, confused.
Renjun's heart broke at the sight of her upset but he didn't show it as his eyes sparkled with his smile.
"I found an amusement park, just like old times- we have to go." He concluded, pulling Nari up.

Nari whined and looked at her appearance.
"I look like a mess!"
Renjun's nose crinkled up and he looked at her, up and down.
"No you don't."

Nari gawked at him in disbelief then motioned to herself.
"Bro I look like a man." She pulled at her joggers to show the width of the fabric. Renjun stared at her blankly, not seeing a problem whatsoever.
"Jaemin said-" Nari cut herself off when she realised she had said his name and once she did, her spirits diminished.

Renjun stepped closer to her.
"Jaemin said what?" He prodded, already feeling as though it wouldn't be good. Nari shrugged and looked down at herself.
"He said I looked better with feminine clothes."
Renjun sharply inhaled through his nose and tilted his head up to the ceiling.

Nari looked up at him, the light above him shimmering on his sun kissed skin- making him look angelic. For a second her throat became dry as she fully examined him, his smooth skin and dark lashes, contrasted to the slightly intimidating eyes he had.
Renjun tilted his head back down once he composed himself and his eyes flickered to hers and she quickly snapped out of her trance.

"Honestly Nari, you don't need to wear feminine clothes to look 'better'- what kind of bullshit is that honestly? Boyfriends should lift their girlfriends up and tell them they look beautiful no matter what, I really don't understand him. Even if he wasn't your boyfriend, he must have been real blind honestly because you look pretty with whatever you wear. Like no doubt you rock up in a binbag and I'd still feel-" Renjun stopped himself and his heart lurched at his almost confession.

"I'd still think you look pretty." He concluded, turning around and stepping towards the door.
"Are you coming?"

"If I die, I'm blaming you

"If I die, I'm blaming you." Nari said, clinging onto Renjun as they lined up for the rollercoaster.
He let out a hearty laugh and nodded along, looking down at the girl and smiling sadly.

You're her best friend- nothing more.

"If you let go of my hand, I'm going to beat your ass." She warned as they sat in the ride, her hand clutching his in fear and her eyes screwed shut.
He tightened his grip around her hand and couldn't help but feel guilty.

Because she didn't feel the same.