⚡22

"I don't want to take potions Mark

"I don't want to take potions Mark." Nari whined, dragging herself behind the boy. She groaned and continued to follow him anyway, knowing she needed as many qualifications as she could get.
"Apparently the rest of the group take this lesson anyway so it won't be bad."

"Really? Even the babies?"
"Yes Chenle and Jisung too, they're literally a year younger than you Nari." Mark stated, shaking his head at her weirdness.
"Yeah yeah." She waved the comment off and they had both reached the class.

"Ah! Jeong Nari and Mark Lee, pleasure to have you in my class." Slughorn said, turning his attention to the two. Nari caught the eyes of Jisung and stuck her tongue out behind Slughorn's back, to which Jisung did it back.
Renjun, who was taking notes, smacked the back of his head and told him to concentrate, making Jisung whine and obey anyway.

"Nari and I don't actually have books sir."
"That's alright, you can get whatever you need from the cupboard."

Nari shrugged and walked towards the cupboard with Mark. Retrieving their books, they joined the rest of the class.

"Yes, Hermione would you explain this potion?"

"It is a love potion, it varies due to the person but their attraction of someone is represented from the scent, for example- I smell freshly cut grass and...a parchment and mint toothpaste." Hermione stopped herself before she gave more away, turning red.

"Hm, yes what about you Neville?"

"I smell uh... lavender."

"Lovely, and you Donghyuck?" Slughorn asked.

"Something like sweets and candies guess?" He shrugged.

"And what about...Mark?"

"Me? Oh uh it smells like fresh strawberries."

"Renjun?" Slughorn asked once more, going around the class for the different answers.

"The smell of cherries and a hint of light daisies."

"Jeno what's yours?"

"A very deep rose musk."

"Lovely, and you Jaemin?"

"Vanilla."

"Grand, so you all can see the variation of the effects and once you consume the potion, all you will be able to think about and smell is that. Now it doesn't create real love, it creates an infatuation, an obsession."

"Now this is-"

"Liquid Luck." Renjun called out, covering his hand with his mouth as he realised he had called out.
"Sorry." He apologized to which Slughorn laughed at.

"No my son don't worry and yes it is, one sip and it's like all your endeavours work in your favour." And at the sound of this Jaemin's head tilted up and he created eye contact with Donghyuck.

Luck you say?

They really needed that.

They were now competing with their potions, trying to make a successful one to win the liquid luck.
Nari was rushing, trying to add the ingredients in and realised she hadn't retrieved one.
So she walked towards the end of the room, weaving through people to reach the other side.

"Excuse me, sorry coming through." She said, making her way to her destination.
As she was getting her ingredients, she scanned the room to check the progress of others and bought her attention back to the several things in front of her.
"What the..." She muttered at the sight of 100 different things that had no label.

This was disastrous! There was no way she'd know which one she needed. Additionally, through her mini break down she threw her head back and closed her eyes in annoyance.

"Which one is it-" she was saying to herself, before a hand grabbed one ingredient and held it out towards her.
"Here." He said, unamused and tired.
Nari opened her eyes to see Jaemin with his hand outstretched, ingredient in it.
"Oh...thank you." She said, reaching out to grab it, her fingers brushed his hand and little shocks jolted at their skin.

"You were distracting me, go back to your place." His voice was bland and straightforward. He turned around and started to focus on his own work and Nari stood there for a second shocked at his mood swings.

 He turned around and started to focus on his own work and Nari stood there for a second shocked at his mood swings

"Guess what?" Chenle said, joining the others on the table. Nari reached out and stole two of his chips, grinning as she did so, accidentally kicking Jeno when she outstretched her legs.
"My bad." She claimed sarcastically to which Jeno glared at her.

"What is it?" Renjun asked, curious.

"I finally popped my ear back to normal, thank god."