⚡16

It had been roughly twenty minutes since Donghyuck had left, it took Jaemin around 10 minutes to actually power through and heal her, casting a spell to fix her wounds

You did it for Donghyuck

Jaemin reminded himself, sitting on the floor, back against the wall. His knees drawn up and arms lazily hung over them. He looked down and basked in the fresh air that hit his face, though he dwelled on his thoughts a lot. Everything was so crazy, so unexpected yet Jaemin didn't have time to really sit back and think.

Unknown to him, Nari stirred and winced as her eyes fluttered open, shutting subconsciously from the light and the pain banging at her head. Again, she opened her eyes and found herself staring at a grand celling, wooden pillars holding the roof up.
Strange.
Her head tilted to the side and she caught sight of a figure, her breath got hitched in her throat as the worst possible scenarios filed through her brain.
The last thing Nari remembered was seeing Donghyuck at the battle. Why was he there?
Where is he now?
Because the figure a few metres away- wasn't Donghyuck.

Nari sat up slightly, leaning on her arms as she blinked away the tiredness. As she sat up, she flinched in pain and groaned at the sensation. Hearing this, Jaemin's head slowly lifted up and his eyes stared at her with a blank face.
Nari stared at him wide eyed and speechless.

"W-where's Donghyuck?" She asked, pulling her blanket closer to her, uncomfortable. Jaemin watched her every move and every sign pointed to the fact she was scared of him.
"Isn't here." His raspy, dark tone pierced her ears.
"Did you bring me here?" Nari asked, looking around. She was definitely at Hogwarts- thankfully.

"No."

"Oh."

They both sat in silence, not really knowing what to say.
"Were you there?" Nari asked again, remembering the face of Bellatrix Lestrange, the same face she saw years ago when she murdered Nari's parents.
"No." Jaemin said, expressionless.

Nari didn't know what to say now, she only looked around uncomfortably and fiddled with her fingers. Nari remembered what Jeno said and decided to act upon it.
"So uh, how are you?"
Jaemin's brows were drawn down in confusion, hair falling on his forehead messily as he cleared his voice to reply.
"What?"

"How are you...?" Nari cringed at how awkward she sounded.
Jaemin's mind raced with negative thoughts, his head tricking him into thinking there were malicious intents behind her words.
"Why would you ask me that?"

"Am I not allowed to?" Nari asked as she fully sat up, swung her legs over the side of the sofa and looked at the boy on the floor.
He hesitated to speak for a moment.
"Why would you ask me how I am out of all people." He lightly scoffed, fiddling with the piercing that was on his helix.
The hoop shone in the sunlight and the rays hinted at the light brown of his hair, eyes turning into chocolate gold swirls.

"Your eyes are pretty." She complimented, head tilted in awe of his beauty.

Jaemin was beyond uncomfortable.
He hadn't heard many compliments towards him, if any.
He really didn't know how to react, instead he stood up and walked towards the balcony and looked out of it.
"I don't know what you're planning Jeong but it's not going to work." His back was turned to her yet she could hear the detachment in his voice, the void of it.

"I'm not planning anything." She stated, standing up and stretched her muscles. The sun was now setting and she walked towards the balcony, standing a good distance away from Jaemin and let the air hit her face.
"You're a Ravenclaw and I'm a Slytherin." Said Jaemin.
Nari ran fingers through her hair and turned towards him, gazing at his side profile.
"And what?" She challenged.

Jaemin sighed and turned towards her, trying to swallow down the real Jaemin, feeling exposed with her staring at him. He felt as though she saw right through him. Instead he put up a front and stared into her eyes despite his gut wrenching at the feeling of loneliness.
(Gif above (; )

Maybe you don't have to be lonely anymore, maybe you won't be understood

His conscience repeated and Jaemin's eyes flickered between hers, the internal conflict weighting down on him.

But he was a coward; he'll always be.

So he left.

"I'm so glad you're okay

"I'm so glad you're okay." Nari breathed out, running towards her best friend and jumping into his arms. Squealing as he spun her around. Renjun placed her down and scanned her.

"Where did you go?" He asked, however Nari was pulled into another hug by Jeno and Renjun's question went unanswered.