⚡37

"What are we Jaemin?" Nari asked as he traced patterns on her arm absentmindedly

"What are we Jaemin?" Nari asked as he traced patterns on her arm absentmindedly. Jaemin hummed in reply leaning towards her and turning her jaw towards him.

His eyes gazed into hers and she suddenly felt flustered, not able to hold eye contact for very long.
"What do you want us to be?" He drawled out, whispering. He leant even further forward, his soft lips brushing against hers. "Because I know what I want."

"So you're dating now?" Renjun's jaw dropped as Nari grinned and nodded, her cheeks already lighting on fire. Renjun was genuinely happy for the girl, although he didn't trust Jaemin, Renjun knew he made her happy and that was the most important thing.
"I really like him Jun." She said, leaning her chin into her palm.
"I can see that Ri." He joked, flicking her head.
Nari scowled and Renjun wiggled his brows, motioning to the side. Nari turned her head to see Jaemin walking towards the table, sending a slight smile as he made eye contact with his girlfriend.

"Fuck he's coming over, I'm not ready. Do I look okay? Is my hair okay, wait do I have anything in my teeth, am i- Hey Jaem." She stopped her ranting and smiled at the boy who slid into the seat next to her, nodding over to Renjun.
"Hey." He greeted, Nari smiling at his attempts to be more nicer to which Renjun greeted back.
Joining them was Chenle and Jisung, noticing the close proximity of Jaemin and Nari and sent Renjun a look, to which  he replied with a nod, confirming their thoughts.

"Oh hey." Jaemin greeted, trying to sound less cold, to which Nari squeezed his knee at, showing her gratitude. Jaemin's fingers found hers and he linked them together, feeling her head leaning on his shoulder.

Mark was sitting at the Gryffindor table with Jeno, both of them studying for a test when Mark's eyes caught sight of a spell on the book he had found labelled the property of the half blood Prince.

The spell was for Enemies- Sectumsempra. His eyes trailed over the words and it registered within his head.
"Did you hear." Jeno said bitterly.
"Jaemin and Nari are dating."

"It's Katie

"It's Katie." Jisung whispered to Mark, also joining Jeno and him, leaving Renjun, Chenle, Nari and Jaemin alone. Mark's head turned towards the said girl who had been possessed. Mark clambered up after Katie, not before shutting the book and taking it with him, calling out her name to make her stop- to which she did.

"How are you?" He asked, to which the girl sighed.
"I know you're going to ask, but I don't know who cursed me."

On the other side of the room, Nari scrunched her nose up at a joke made by Jaemin and laughed while pushing him slightly, coughing when her throat felt dry.
"I'm going to get some water." She informed, patting his thigh slightly as an indication to let her out of his grasp. He watched as she left to the front of the hall, not too far.
However, she was taking longer than she usually would- so Jaemin got up to go see if she was okay.

"I've been trying to remember honestly, but I just-" Katie stopped suddenly, her eyes drawn to the figure who walked up the same isle as them. Mark turned his attention to behind him to see Jaemin, on edge.
Jaemin's eyes watched them both converse, fear painting itself on his features as he stumbled away, trying to get out of the hall. Was he guilty?

Mark was quick after him, weaving through the people as he tried to catch up. Nari returned, only to see her boyfriend had left and Chenle informed her to his departure. Her gut instinct was twisted, the dark feeling urging her after him.
Jaemin's feet walked fast, faster than he usually did, feeling the heat rising up in his body as fear overtook it. Guilt intertwined his veins and he loosened his tie, feeling claustrophobic in his own mind.

Frantically, he reached the bathroom. Sweat forming on his forehead as he began to hyperventilate, yanking the sweater off his body and over his head. His hands were shaking when he leant over the sink, face pale and stomach churning.

He looked up at his own reflection, seeing the ghost of who he used to be. His eyes were now sullen and bags were prevalent, the tears that gathered caused his breathing to irregulate, gasping for air as he sobbed.

Fumbling, he turned on the tap and splashed his face with the ice cold water, the tears continued to fall, his heart aching and the weight on his shoulder drawing him down.

"I know what you did Na, you cursed Katie didn't you." Mark spat out, watching as the tear stricken boy turned around, hair in all directions, lifeless eyes. Angry, Jaemin threw a spell in Mark's direction to which he narrowly missed. Mark was the next to shoot his shot, the mirror shattering on impact and the two boys began a fight, shooting spells and dodging by a hair.
The pipe had burst and water sprayed everywhere, the cold bathroom turned damp and gloomy.

The commotion of the spells drew Nari towards the noise, hearing the voice of Mark yelling out indistinct spells.
"Mark? Have you seen-" yet Mark hadn't heard the girl over the flying spells. Nari turned the corner to see Mark's back facing her and his wand outstretched towards her boyfriend. Jaemin's eyes locked with hers.

"Sectumsempra!" Mark yelled out and it to Nari everything went incredibly and painfully slow as Jaemin fell backwards from the force of the spell, clutching his chest as his eyes rolled back.