9 - Raging

Adith POV

I am sitting at our dining hall, where my mom started places the dishes on the table.

"Mom I am hungry"

"Coming baby boy," said my mom making me irritated.

"I am not a baby boy mom I am a big boy, to be exact I am a man," I said.

"Okay baby boy," my mom said teasingly with a smile. My mom is more beautiful when she smiles.  Suddenly Her smile came in front of me making me smile.

"Awww my baby is smiling. Can I know the reason?"

I smiled again thinking of her.

"I saw a girl yesterday at my college mom. She has a beautiful smile like you" I said looking into my mom's eyes.

"Who is she?"  She asked with curiosity.

"I don't know her name mom, but she has a really big good heart"

"I can you in her whenever I see her. She's not like other girls. But I think she is hiding a pain back of her smile"

My mom's smile vanished.

"Don't hurt her" I am confused with my mom's words, why did she said it as if I am going to be with her or make her my girlfriend.

After having breakfast I went to college. Yesterday that girls friends came to me to introduce themselves and started flirting with me. How can that girl be their friend? These girls are totally different from her. Today I got to know her name as JANVI.

JANVI? Nice name.

But I see that same boy near her. Are they lovers? I don't like anyone near her not even as a friend. I want her to see my eyes so that I can see her eyes to read them. But she is not willing to do it, instead, she had conversations with her friends ignoring me, making me angry. Can a girl ignore me too?

Suddenly I am dragged by Alisha to the upstairs of the canteen.

After that whenever I see her she is alone or with that boy Aarav. But she is living her life fullest she is mainly at the library or at the canteen. She eats a lot than a normal girl eat.

I can feel her stare at me sometimes during my practice sessions, but I ignored to concentrate on my match.

But she never disappointed me by appearing daily at the canteen, so that I can see her, I love the way she dresses, I love the way she bride her hair I just want to touch her smooth hair and I love her possessiveness about her food. I laughed at her childishness. How can someone be soo innocent with cute looks?

I love watching her the whole day. I want to be with her every day. But I know I can't. Maybe my pride is not allowing me to go to her.

I want to hold her hand and play with it. What are you doing to me Janvi?

Even without talking to me, you are making these things for me. Just to see her I daily go to the canteen in the morning. And she bunks her classes like a boy, I always see her out of her class. But she never noticed me Seeing her.

Days rolled into weeks.

I want to know about Janvi so started to ask her by her friends. They diverted me whenever I speak about her later with my continuous question they say she is not what she seems. I don't understand their words.

"Tell me about her"

I pressured them to say " she dates different boys every year with her innocent looks and caring nature. She blackmails us to get money from us as she wastes her money with parties, clubs and shopping with her boyfriend. Now she got aarav" said Alisha and her friend shake their heads nodding.

I was shocked is an understatement. She is not like that. I  don't want to believe their words I can feel her innocence in her actions. I throw their words out of my head and walked away. My Janvi is not like that.

My Janvi?

Yes my Janvi.

The next day I am chatting with my friends near the library.

Ashish my friend said, " Dude its been months we have done ragging"

"Yes we should definitely have some fun," said Rahul looking at me. I just shrugged and looked away. I am disturbed from yesterday hearing about Janvi.

Their luck there comes first-year girls, I don't know their department, my friends started their work, the girls looked down as they are not able to obey their seniors. If they don't do it my friends will do something more than dance.

Suddenly Zayne, my friend " hey blue Kurti" called a girl, I move my gaze to that direction to see the girl back, I know who she is, its Janvi. She turned and walked towards us. I think she noticed me and keep her stare on me. I did the same not wanting to look away from her eyes. It's warm and pleasant I want to drown in it. Her light blue dress made her look more beautiful with her braided hair.

How can they say something like that about her? She won't do such things, but those words are from her friends, should I have to believe it or I should believe these eyes

All I want to do now is go and hug her tightly and never let her go.

I don't know what's Ashish talking to her, I am admiring her. Suddenly he got her bag and started looking at her mobile. She is not afraid of any of his threats.

I laughed to myself  'my angry kitten'.

But after saying her parent's names she stilled in her place, her eyes showed fear.

And pain? Or am I imagining it?

She is standing without replying to anything as she is talking to herself. Why is she afraid? I want to protect her with everything in me.

"I will.." I cut her and took her bag from Ashish and gave it to her.

"Go to your class," I said in an angry tone. She should protect herself, I can't be there always with her. Or she should control her tongue. She keeps on staring at me.

"GO" I yelled.

She turned around and walked away.

"Never involve anyone family in this," I said to Ashish angrily.

"Dude it's just ragging why are you angry. It's normal for us to do this, why are you reacting suddenly?" He asked.

I don't want to reply to him so I walked away with Rahul trailing behind me. I know he won't ask me anything so I am relieved.