15 - Engagement

Adith POV

I am waking up with my PA's call, to tell me that I am having a meeting in the morning 10. I hate Mondays but I love my job. Today I have to skip my workout as I am already late.

I get into the shower to take a hot shower and get dressed in a dark blue suit and pants with a white shirt underneath it with a maroon tie.

I sprayed my cologne and ransack my hair neatly and take a last look at me in the mirror. I am satisfied with my look. I get down and chose my black Ferrari today. I get inside my office to be greeted by everyone there. Ladies are literally drooling over me. Me being arrogant and cold, I don't move my gaze towards them.

I ignored their greetings and get into my private elevator and reached the 23rd floor, next to the roof. I love being higher. The 23rd floor has my room, my PA's room, a lobby and a small kitchen. I like privacy, so I don't want noises, it irritates me.

 I like privacy, so I don't want noises, it irritates me

(Adith's office floor lobby)

I get into my cabin and was seated in my chair after taking a deep breath and started to check the presentation for the meeting.

After 10 minutes I got went to the boardroom and presented my presentation and after continuous 2 hours of conversation, I got the deal

After 10 minutes I got went to the boardroom and presented my presentation and after continuous 2 hours of conversation, I got the deal. It's one of my dream projects, to work with this company.

After my meeting, I checked my mobile to see many calls from my dad and mom. I dialled my dad,

"Adi come home NOW"

"Why dad? Is mom alright?" I asked worriedly.

"She is. But it's your engagement tomorrow "

"Dad it's just a business I need to attend. Not my marriage"

"Are you in your sense, how can you talk like that, can't you at least think about the girl you marry?"

Janvi. The girl I once dreamed of, the girl I now detest.

"I don't care about her dad" I half yelled.

"Don't talk to me in that tone, come home within an hour or face your mother's wrath"