14 - Within a week???

Janvi pov

"Come directly to the point, why you called me here?" I asked them.

"Let's eat after that we can talk," my mother said.

I kept the plate aside, "now tell" I said.

They looked at me as I am an alien. But I am, I have never talked with them rudely. So it's new to them.

"Actually we had new investors 5 years back as their company id very big compared to us. Last week the investigator came to see me that he is withdrawing his share from our company. If he does it we will surely in a great loss, maybe bankrupt"

"What should I do in this?" I asked uninterested, I took my plate and started eating, not caring for them.

"Is it how you disrespect your father? Is it what you learned from us?" I spoke with my mother angrily.

"No, my parents haven't thought me any lessons," I said nonchalantly.

"It's not time to argue Pavithra, can you please keep quiet?", my dad said and my mom huffed and kept quit.

"He is demanding something in return so that he won't withdraw his shares"

"And that is?" I stopped eating and look at him.

"He wants you to marry his son"

My world stopped spinning. So I am that someTHING that he mentioned? I am just a thing for them to play with.

"What did you said to him?"

"Ok"

Stood up from my seat abruptly. Did he say OK? With who's permission he gave word? Do I look like a fool?

"In what belief you said ok?" I blankly asked.

"At least once in your life do something good for your parents, to give birth to you" came a voice from my back. There stood princess Avni, with mangalsutra on her neck and sindhoor on her forehead. But her dressing sense hasn't changed, she wore a loose t-shirt wait, loose t-shirt? Avni? My gaze went to her stomach, it showed a little. Is she pregnant?

"Return a debt you have, as a return, they gave birth to you" she added and took a seat beside my mom.

Debt? If its the way I should clear my debt them I will do it.

"Ok," I said.

"But who is he?"

"Adith Dev" am I hearing properly? Why after all these years now? Again? What is he going to do this time? I don't have the strength to protest against him again. Does he know I am the one his father choose?

"He knows me? Had he accepted for this proposal?"

"Yeah he knows you and yes he accepted for the proposal," said my mom.

I walked out of the house after hearing his acceptance. Is he planning something new this time?

I walked to the park and take a look at it. It's not changed much, but some of the plants I planted are new big enough. As usual, I sat on the bench near the pond. I can't digest the things I heard within 30 minutes.

My sister is married.

And she is pregnant.

My father's company is close to bankruptcy.

My father accepted to marry me to his business partner.

That guy is Adith. And he accepted for it even knowing that it's me.