Chapter 3

Bria's POV

Today is the first day of school after the long weekend and I'd be lying if I said I was not excited for school. Truth is i'm a bit of a nerd. Not only that, but school is the only place I can get to spend time with Josh without him realizing just how I truly feel about him. Yes, I have a crush on my best friend. How cliche of me but Josh is a really hot guy. Not only that, he was captain of the basketball team as well and I had a Hell of a soft spot for basketball players. Extremely cliche, I know but I can't help it.

Today is also the day I get to see my dirty minded best friend Ashley. We are like total opposites but damn I love that girl. I got up early and did my morning routine before up turning my closet to look for an outfit. After dumping my entire closet on my bed and still not sure of what to wear, I decided to video call  Ashley. Reasons like these are why I like to prepare the night before, so I wouldn't have to let my closet throw up on my bed and give myself more cleaning than necessary. I absolutely hate to clean my room. My mom is always tackling me about my messy habits. If it were up to me, my room would never clean, like at all. Yes I change my bed sheets because I have sensitive skin but that's about it.

Ashley answered on the third ring. "Wassup Babe" her voice sounded groggy on the other end.

"Do you know what time it is? Were gonna be late" I screamed at her. Ashley is never on time. Like I said, we are total opposites, like in every aspect but that's what makes us work. We both met in our Junior year of high school and became friends after having a laughing fit from one of her lame excuses for not doing her homework. That girl hates school with a passion and she is not afraid to express her dislike for the place. I still don't even know how she manages to get good grades. I guess the world may never know the answer for that one.

 She rose from her bed with her sheets covering her body and sprinted to the bathroom. I saw her washed her face and brushed her teeth before going back to her bedroom. I showed her my bed and she screamed.

"Bria! What happened?"

"I was looking for an outfit."

"I thought you did that last night already. You normally get ready in advance."

"I know, but I wanted to do what you do for once." She shook her head at my response then picked out a cute outfit from her clothes and showed me what to wear. Being best friends has it's perk. We always shop together so we have the same clothes but different colors. 

We both settled on a short plaid jumper with black long sleeve top underneath. We both wore black stockings to cover our legs and knee high boots. My jumper was red in color while Ashley's was blue.

We met up at the front of the school and started talking animatedly, catching up on our weekend rendezvous

We met up at the front of the school and started talking animatedly, catching up on our weekend rendezvous. Though she has never mentioned it, I believe Ashley has a boyfriend. Shh! She doesn't know I suspect anything, i'm just giving her time to tell me about him. Or maybe she is embarrassed by him. However, I think she needs to be a bit more discreet. Her hickey's are basically calling my name and demanding my attention. They were so big and purple and it's obvious she tries to cover them with no such luck. Sometimes I secretly laugh to myself at her attempts. I really want to meet this mystery guy that tries to swallow my best friend alive though.