Chapter 42

Pic Above Is A Shot Of My Beautiful Country Of Birth. 🇰🇳

Bria's POV

Liz had taken a liking to Ace. She kept casually throwing his name into conversations and kept acting as if she was his biggest fan. Ace was the kind of guy parents usually warn their children about yet Liz tried to push us together.

Cara invited Liz and I to her house for dinner and I politely refused. Liz found out and started drilling me on the whole forgiveness thing once more. She really doesn't get how bad these people hurt me.

At exactly six thirty in the evening, I pulled into the Montgomery residence. Liz had a smile plastered on her face while mine had a whole scowl. Why she was so excited was beyond me. She don't even know these people.

A maid greeted us at the door and led us to everyone else. They were all seated in the living room talking and laughing as if they were some kind of happy family. All except Ace of course. Once again, I noticed that Josh was present and I am starting to find it a bit strange. I guess a lot can happen in seven years right?

They all greeted us then eventually everyone settled around the dinner table. Ace was the last one to arrive at the table with Hailey at his side and crutches under his arms. As soon as they were both seated, Jim stood and thanked everyone for coming. That was new but okay.

The maid brought out the food and before everyone could dig in, Liz made us all say grace. This isn't even her house and here she was demanding these people say grace. They complied and so we began. Small talk was passed around the table and a few laughs here and there.

"So Bria... What's new with you? I see you became a doctor." Ash asked. I looked at her then continued eating. Liz smacked my leg and I looked at her angrily. She matched my own glare before I backed down and excused myself from the table.

I went to the bathroom and washed my face and sat in there for a while to calm my nerves. Liz was the one who wanted to come here in the first place, why am I being grilled? Why do I have to respond to her? I'm just here for Liz, no one else. I grumbled under my breath and paced around for a bit before sucking it up and exiting the bathroom.

Josh was right outside the door when I got out and I looked at him before ignoring him and walking back in the direction of the dining room.

"You know.... She is really sorry for what she did you know." He said. I paused but didn't turn around to him.

"Are you going to ignore her forever?" He asked and I still didn't respond. "Bria I have no idea what I did to make you so angry at me but I'm sorry." He said.

"You have no idea what you did? Well let me tell you. Instead of being my best friend like you should've been doing. You started acting like my father. Josh you never had my back! You sided with Ash for everything but that's okay. I'm done with the both of you."

"So are you just going to walk around with a grudge for the rest of your life?!"

"As long as it takes. I'm glad I figured who was for me and who wasn't."

"Bria you knew I was in love with you."

"Josh you never said anything. You told me that we should remain as friends and I respected your decision, but then you started acting all different when you heard I was dating someone else."

"I was jealous!"

"No! You weren't. You were possessive! I don't even think you really loved me."

"I did. I still do"

"Must be nice."

"Bria-"

"I'm done having this conversation!" I told him and walked back to the table.