Chapter 12

Bria's POV

The week went by extremely slowly for me as if I was being punished for my bad deeds. I haven't even done anything as yet but I can already feel the wrath of my punishment. My mom had taken away my cellphone and tablet privileges after she noticed I'd lock myself in my room and be on my phone all the time. Truth is, I was still mad at her so I refused to say much to her. She even tried to take my laptop away but that was a bit much. I had assignments and so forth so she had no choice.

When I saw Ash at school the day after, I explained to her my escape plan and she decided to go along with it. I would sneak out of the house when my mom left for work and be back before she gets home. That way, she would never know I left the house. I also asked Ash to pick me up at the end of the road just incase my mom decides to take the day off to babysit me. Wouldn't be the first time. (Cue eye roll.)

***
When Saturday finally arrived I became a bundle of anxiety. I started questioning my intelligence and the reason I was really doing this. I've never done anything like this before. I never even thought of doing anything like this so why am I even doing it? What was wrong with me? What made me think that this would work? Why am I even going anyway? It's not like Ash would be paying any attention to me. She'll most likely be with her grandpa most of the time instead of hanging out with me. I just hope that Josh decides to come along to keep me company.

As much as I keep telling myself that I shouldn't be going, I just can't help myself. I wanted to see what would happen between Ace and I after that one kiss we shared. Is he going to kiss me again? Do I even want him to kiss me again? My emotions were all over the place, I really don't know what I want at this point. Yes, I enjoyed the kiss but.... Urgh! I'm confused.

Ash said that they would be picking me up at nine this morning and it's currently 8:30 and I have not packed my beach bag as yet. As a matter of fact, my mom who should've already been at work has not left the house as yet. Why do I feel as if she is trying to babysit me?

I searched my drawers for a bathing suit and became immediately depressed when I remembered who bought my bathing suits. The last time I had been to the beach was at age fourteen and my mom had insisted on buying a kiddies bathing suit for me. Back then I didn't mind but for some reason I did mind Ace seeing me in a 'Dora the explorer' bathing suit now. I was on the verge of tears. Maybe I shouldn't go after all, this was clearly a sign.

I took a quick shower then went downstairs for breakfast. When I got to kitchen I saw my mom had left a note on the fridge saying she had already left for work. Thank God. I packed a few snacks and some water along with my sun screen then went back upstairs to get dressed. I wore a short distressed jean along with a thin white tank top. Pulling my bag over my shoulder, I locked the door and made my way down the street. I dodged a few of my neighbors as i'm not exactly sure if they would tell my mom that I had snuck out.

A white jeep at the end of the road came into sight and my heart leaped a little at the thought of seeing Ace after kissing him the other day. When I opened the door, I was stunned for two reasons. 1 Ash was in the back seat and 2. A very beautiful woman was sat in the front seat smiling at Ace. I greeted everyone and we drove off. Who was this woman? Was she his girlfriend? I had never even seen Ace with a woman before. I never even knew woman liked him. He was always so rude and disgusting. Why am I getting angry? Why am I even feeling this way? Do I like him? Hell no! What is wrong with me?

"Hey" Ash said pulling me from my thoughts. I looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Are you okay?" She asked and I just shook my head. Ace's eyes met mine in the mirror and I immediately averted my eyes. I took my headphones out and plugged them in. I closed my eyes and listened to music the rest of the drive. The tension in this car was extremely awkward. Well it was to me any way. Ace, Ash and that woman kept talking and laughing the whole way but I just stuck to myself. Why I come again? This adventure had already sucked and we haven't even gotten to the beach as yet.