Chapter 31

Bria's POV

"Ace is dating Hailey"

Ash had screamed happily. She seemed so excited and that was the strange part about it. All this time I thought she had hated Ace's girlfriend but now she seemed happy?

I tried my best to not react but it was near impossible to do. To find out that your boyfriend of just over two months had been cheating on you? I looked into his eyes and they begged me not to believe but how can I? She is a beautiful woman and I'm just a really cute kid. Who wouldn't want to be with her? She had everything that I didn't.

"What?" Josh asked surprised. He was always the last to react to things. Poor soul.

"Ace is dating Hailey." She repeated again but her eyes were on mine. I squint my eyes a little confused at this but didn't pay it no mind.

With all the excitement I could muster up, I turned to Ace once more to congratulate him.

"That is great news Ace!" It's about time you settled down.

"I have!" he told me. His eyes were intense as he looked at me.

"She is a great girl." He continued. If he was trying to get back into my good books he has a long way to go.

I nod my head in response to that. Josh shook his hand and congratulated him as well and Ash remained looking between us with a huge grin on her face.

"I thought you hated his girlfriend." Josh Asked her.

"I did. Until I found out who she was. Hailey is a great girl!"

"That she is." Ace said. His eyes locked unto mine once more and his next words opened up my eyes. "I love her so much!" HE WAS TALKING ABOUT ME! HE LOVES ME! NOT HAILEY! A grin threatened to break out on my face but I kept my mouth shut and my eyes lowered.

I excused myself from the group and went up to Ash's room to have a shower. I was done having fun for the day. Or so I thought.

After getting cleaned up, I made my way back downstairs to see everyone had already been cleaned up and were all in the living-room watching a movie. The only thing that seemed out of place was the fact that Hailey was now here with us and was sat next to Ace.

Upon witnessing the scene before me, my mood became sour. While they all chatted and laughed about the different scenes and characters in the film, I couldn't get my mind to focus on anything but the fact that Hailey was too close to Ace.

Josh shook my shoulder and pulled me from my thoughts. "Are you okay?" He whispered and I shook my head. As the movie progressed, I literally had to bite my tongue so I wouldn't cause a scene. I never knew myself to be the jealous type until now. I wanted to strangle Hailey so bad. She was so close to Ace now that she was practically on his lap and you wanna know what he did? Nothing! NADA! I mean, I get that he doesn't want anyone to find out about us but he still shouldn't allow that 'thing' to be so close to him. Especially in front of me. For now, Ace was in my bad book. He better not try to get between these thighs anytime soon.

As if he could read my thoughts, his eyes looked in my direction. Upon seeing the look on my face, he shifted so Hailey wouldn't be so close to him. Oh so now he sees what he was doing wrong? I scoffed and made my way to the kitchen to get some water. I stayed in there for a while for a breather but then Ace had to come ruin it. He grabbed a beer and stood at the opposite side of the kitchen with his ankles crossed as he took a sip.

"Are you mad?" he asked softly but I ignored him and drank my water silently. "Wow, you must really be mad!" he said with a grin plastered on his face. "Who knew innocent Bria could get jealous?"