Chapter 46

Bria's POV

"Am I missing something?" My dad asked but I was unable to speak at the moment. There were so many things running through my mind at this very moment that it was amazing that my brain didn't shut down from overload.

"She went through the exact same thing. Minus the physical abuse of course." Ace answered and my dad let out a loud gasp.

"What?"

"Yup. Bria wasn't allowed to talk to males. Couldn't even have a male friend because all males were scums. Especially me. I'm pretty sure she threw Bria out at one point but then showed up later with the cops to pick her up. Not only that, she even got me imprisoned for seven years thinking that that would keep me away from Bria. It did keep me away from Bria, But it also kept Bria from her. Bria fled town the night of her graduation and never looked back until now. Imagine the horror when I found out why. That bi-woman forced Bria into getting an abortion after finding out she was pregnant. I have no idea why she would think of doing something like that. I get that she hates me but that was her grand child. Isn't that suppose to mean something?"

"So you have a criminal record?" Dad asked.

"Yeah, she got me."

"How old was Bria at the time?"

"She was almost 18 but that's beside the-" Ace stopped and his pupils dilate. "Oh My God I see it now." He said.

"Exactly. She felt as if history was repeating itself. Now I am not saying what she did was right because I honestly thinks she needs to be imprisoned for that but can you explain to me why my daughter was pregnant at the age of 17?"

"Didn't we come here to find out about the family lawyer of something" Ace tried to change the subject. Dad glared at him and I chuckled lowly.

"Nah Uh. Lilac you in on this too. Can you explain why you were having sex with a grownass man at age 17?" Dad drilled.

"Oh shut up that was in the past. How old are you now Bria?"

"I'l be 25 in December." I told her blushing.

"And how old are you young man?"

"Can we not talk about our ages right now?" Ace said scratching his head. There was a slight blush to his cheeks and I had to laugh.

"Are you ashamed of your age?" Laura persisted.

Ace cleared his throat and spoke softly. "No.. but when compared to Bria's age, I might seem old. We have a bit of an age gap."

Laura laughed at this. "How big?"

"Just a few years." He said twitching. My dad gave him another glare and Ace looked so uncomfortable that it made me laugh aloud. Laura kept looking at him with a huge grin on her face waiting for a response.

"Let's just say that there is a 70-80 percent chance we might be the same age." He told Laura and sprinted for the door. My dad was just as fast behind him and Laura and I couldn't contain our laughter anymore. We had to let it out.

The men were gone a while and Laura and I started chatting to ourselves. Turns out she is a really nice lady and she loves my dad dearly. We both went to put little Ethan to bed and went to make some lunch for the men.

Turns out, Laura was actually only one year older than Ace was. I didn't mind though. She was cool. She was six months pregnant and told me that this baby was gonna be her last.

We got to know each other a little better as we cooked and she kept giving me funny stories.

"Do you think dad will kill him?" I asked Laura referring to Ace.