Chapter 10

A/N

Sorry for not updating in a while guys. i just hope you haven't given up on Ace and Bria's Story already. Here is a chapter for you to enjoy.

Bria's POV

It's been a few weeks since Hunter and I started talking and we were getting closer and closer everyday. For some reason I just felt like I knew him even though he has refused to send me pictures of himself countless times. He was not bad person at all, he was actually a really nice guy. I would spend my days with my friends and spend my nights talking on the phone with him. I had come to learn so much about him like the weird fact that he likes mangoes but he hates mango juice. Does that even make sense? (😂I'm like this in real life)

Sometimes he would make me laugh so much that my ribs hurt. He doesn't act like a 27 year old at all. There are times I would actually forget his age. I liked talking to him. Ashley and Josh wanted to find out who he is but I told them not to. I like the bit of mystery we had. I still hadn't met him and he still changes his voice when we spoke over the phone but I didn't mind. I was afraid that things would change between us if I were to find out who he was. He was like a third best friend to me.

I still visited Ash everyday until Ace had fixed my car but he was more bearable. On more than one occasion he tried to joke around with me but I just don't think I had fully forgiven him yet. I'm not even sure if I can. However, I was close to burying the hatchet when he got my baby up and running even better than before. I almost forgave him until I caught myself. What am I even doing?

Hunter thinks that I should let bygones be bygones. I mean, I don't get why he would think that after I told him exactly what Ace did to me. I thought he would've taken my side. That was when we had our first fight but it didn't last long though. We made up that very same night after he told me how sorry he was and how much he missed me, then we just changed the subject.

***

After an exhausting day at school today, I came home hoping to tell my mom about the most exciting news I got all day only to find the house empty. I mean, the least she could've done was made dinner first. Where is she anyway? I used the landline to call her cellphone but it went straight to voicemail. I tried again after twenty minutes and my mom answered breathlessly. 

"Where are you mom?" I asked.

"Child, I am a grown woman, know your place!"

"But mom you didn't even make dinner."

"The last I checked, you were born with two hands"

"But mom-"

"Bria, you are not 3 years old, go and make your own dinner and go to bed!" She said sternly but then a soft giggle escaped her. "I gotta go, bye"

"Mom, can I sleep at Ashley's house tonight?" I decided to ask just out of the blue.

"Yea, whatever" She said and hung up. Okay, something is definitely up with her.

I called Ash and ask if I can sleep over and she answered breathlessly as well. I guess everybody is getting some tonight. I knew if my mom heard me say that she would screw my head from my body. After Ash gave me the okay to come over, I went upstairs and packed an overnight bag. I locked up the house and put my stuff in the car.

The real reason I'm going to Ash's is just so I wouldn't have to make dinner. Dinner at Ashley's house is like walking into an all you can eat buffet.

Cara greeted me at the door with a big smile and a warm hug. She always acts as if I'm her prodigal daughter just finding her way home and I loved every minute of it because there would be tons of food after. She thinks i'm too small for my age so she always tries to feed me.