Chapter 39

Bria's POV

After the police had left with Ace, Ash turned to me with tears in her eyes. She opened her mouth to speak but I held my hand up.

"I don't want to hear it! I don't want to hear a thing that comes from your mouth. You've outdone yourself. You finally got what you wanted. You actually succeeded in taking Ace away from me. Too bad you took him from yourself as well."

"I never meant for this to happen!" She sobbed.  "I didn't think she would call the police. I just thought she would've come down here and take you like she usually does."

"And miss the chance to finally get rid of Ace?" I scoffed.

"I didn't think-"

"You're right! You didn't think! You never do! How did you even know where to find us?" I asked her.

"I put a tracking app on his phone" she sobbed louder.

"Save your tears for someone who actually cares!"

"Bria, I'm sorry"

"Like Ace said. You're dead to me."  I told her and left her standing there. Hailey was about to run to her side but I turned to her.

"This Girl is not your friend! Ace warned me many times but I didn't listen. Look where that got me." Hailey looked at me with confusion etched all over her face but I couldn't focus on her right now.

I took a seat in my mom's car and she had a satisfied smile on her face. I didn't even comment. I just sat there as she drove us home and tried my best to not shed anymore tears. Ace wouldn't want me to.

"I told you that boy was no good!" She said as we turned on our road.

"No good?!" I screamed. "Mom! That boy was the only thing keeping me from going insane. That boy was everything to me but you just couldn't stand the thought of me being happy!"

"Happy? Bria you don't even know what happiness is! That boy caused you to make some reckless decisions that's not making you happy. He is not motivating you to be better, he is turning you into one of them!"

"And what is that huh? I don't get why you hate Ace that when he has been nothing but respectful to you."

"Respectful? That boy is anything but respectful and you know it. He even had the nerve to threaten me once."

"Ace would never-"

"I am not having this discussion with you. I did what I had to do and that is final." She told me and park the car. As soon as the car went to a complete stop, I rushed out the door and to my bedroom.

Today was still a school day and I knew that there was no way that my mom would allow me to stay home. Even after everything that happened. I changed out of the clothes I was wearing and got ready for school.

The school bus became way more appealing than sitting in a car with the woman who took my love away from me. 'Just a few more months Bree and you'll  be out of here for good.' I told myself as I boarded the yellow bus.

When I got to school I saw that Ash was just getting there with Cara. Cara waved in my direction but I couldn't respond. I just stared at her and made my way in the school's direction. She whispered something to Ash and gave me a worried look but I rolled my eyes and went inside the building. Cara and Jim although they hadn't known about Ace and my relationship I still blamed them both because while Jim did nothing to help Ace, Cara slapped him instead of her wh*re of a daughter. I mean, It takes two to tango so why is only Ace being punished. I would've happily taken his punishment any day and I guess that was what my mom meant when she said he was a distraction.