Chapter 9

No One's POV

"What happened here?!" Howard said while running towards a large, round and bright machine.

"Howard!" One of the workers who are also friends with Howard called. "The reactor is acting up badly. It suddenly began to work rapidly than normal and if it keeps up, the reactor could blow the whole building!"

In shock, Maria held Howard's arms and Maria could feel Howard tense.

"How long will it take for the machine to blow up?" Maria asked Howard while Howard was checking the machine's condition.

"If my calculations are correct, in about three days it will blow the whole place if we don't find the way to restore it back. Turning it off is like destroying it at the same time. Without this machine, we can't run anything inside the building and same goes if we don't find a way to make it function normally because we would be blown up into smithereens." Maria gasped.

"Don't worry my love.... Everything will be alright... I'll find a way." Howard reassured his wife and Maria just smiled at him.

"I know you will... We still haven't showed Tony this part of the building... Knowing our son, he would love this as much as you do..." Howard squeezed Maria's hands and nodded.

"Well everyone! Let's get back to work! We need to find the main source of this problem and we don't have much time." Howard said and walked to a monitor near the machine while Maria stayed where she was.

And a thought ran through her head... 'Tony must be all alone at home, waiting for me and Howard... Hopefully we can go back home first thing in the morning'

Meanwhile...

Tony's POV

"Wow... This cafe looks so cool Stephen! I like the vintage style very much." I said while appreciating the beautiful interior of the cafe.

"Well I am bringing you out on a date so picking the perfect place for a date is important to capture my date's heart." Stephen said while giving me a playful expression which I replied to him with a tongue sticking out of my mouth.

Stephen just chuckled and we both walked to the counter to order our food. But things just doesn't go to the way we wanted to.

As we walked to the counter, one of the female customers there saw me and instantly walked towards me quickly. Just as I was trying to keep low profile.

"Omg, are you Tony Stark as in the son of Howard Stark? Your so cool and handsome in real life! Can I get a picture with you?"

I shooked my head saying no because I didn't want to have a lot of attention and then suddenly some of the other customers took out their phones and took pictures of me and the girl.

I couldn't do anything... I panicked... My breathing becomes rapid...I couldn't breath...

Then something or someone's hands just pulled me and hugged me. And then I could tell I was escorted out by this person and we ran straight to an alley way that is far away from the cafe.

"Tony! Come on look at me! I'm here... I'm not gonna hurt you... Those people are gone... It's just you and me Tony... I will protect you okay. Now breath in and out slowly..."

I slowly tried gaining my breathing back and I could finally breath normally.

"There you go... Are you okay now?" I just nodded at him.

"Hey... What happened there? Was it your anxiety... Or is it something else?" Stephen asked me. I don't want to tell him about me having PTSD... But in this case I can't really lie to him...

"Stephen... I don't have anxiety... But yes...I have PTSD..."

"Oh Tony... Why didn't you tell me? I could have at least try and find a place where you would approve... You could have told me what kind of place to go..."

"Stephen... It's not that... I don't want to go to a place that I only know... Besides most of the cafes and restaurants I have been to before are pretty much expensive and I don't enjoy such extravagant date. Being with you in a simple cafe is enough for me." I smiled at him sincerely and I noticed how red Stephen was and both of us instantly looked away from each other.

"I-I hope your feeling okay now...but our date... Since the cafe is a total no no..." Stephen thought. But I already have a good idea.

"Hey Stephen, how about I bring you out on a date today? I know a place where we can have our date." I suggested but he shooked his head saying no.

"I don't want you to treat me Tony because I'm courting you and I want to spoil you with my own money." I just giggled by his cuteness.

"Don't worry... My plan isn't about wasting yours or my money. I'll cook for us!" And Stephen was excited instantly.

"I get to try your cooking?! That's even more better, but are you sure?"

"I'm positive, besides I'm a good cooker just like my mom so I think you'll like it." I said. To be honest, I really want Stephen to have a taste of my food because I always thought of me as the wife kind of a type. Well clearly because even dad thinks I'm more like a wife than a husband but I could also be a better husband to my wife.

Unfortunately I'm gay so yeah...

We were now walking to the neighbourhood that my house is in. We were talking about different kinds of food and Stephen keep boasting about how talented I am. Which surprisingly made me a little happy.

And after a few minutes of walking, we arrived to my house... Well more like a modern house... With a vintage style that my mom designed... She likes to keep the vintage aura around the house because she loves how calm and beautiful the house is.

From the corner of my eye, I could tell Stephen was in awe with the house but I bet his house is more grand than our house.

"Your house looks so beautiful from the outside... It makes me feel calm just from looking at it... I bet the interior is cooler." I giggled at his remarks and walked first to the front door.

I unlocked the door to my house and I revealed Stephen to my humble abode...

A/N

Hey guys, so this will be the last chapter that I will be able to update because starting tomorrow, I'll be having my end of the year exams and it will be over after two weeks and I promise I will update after my exams are finished.

Anyway wish me luck and I will be back soon with an update. Adios!