Chapter 31

No One's POV

After dinner, both Maria and Howard accompanied Tony in the living room as Tony slept with his head on Maria's lap and Howard sitting across from them.

"Howard... I know what your gonna say... But I'm sure, that boy, Stephen won't do such things to Tony without real intentions..."

"But does it explains why he suddenly have a girlfriend that is also his future fiance? I trusted that boy... To protect Anna... I gave him permission to court Anna-"

"Howard... You made a good choice to give him permission... Tony was happy... Years ago, I made a promise with the Strange's to arrange Tony's and Stephen's marriage. The promise is still kept up until now and I know they will keep that promise just like how we keep ours... I think the problem is within the Strange's..."

Howard sighed heavily with random thoughts swirling in his mind as he thought all of the possibility and also his regret on letting his "daughter" get hurt again.

Maria just look at Tony softly as she slowly patted his head and remembered the past. She chuckled.

"Do you still remember how excited she was when she got our permission to hide her own identity as a girl? Although I was hesitant and afraid... But I knew I cared for her happiness more than anything..."

Howard just smiled as he look at his daughter in adoration.

"That day... I thought I would lash out to Anna... But I knew that I wanted to see her smile a lot... To see her be happy... Till this day, I never knew why would she ever wanted to hide this from anyone... No matter how many jokes I made to make her sound like a man..."

Both the couple laughed lightly when Tony started to wake up from his sleep.

"Hey..." Maria greeted him while he rubbed both of his eyes, which was swollen after the intense crying he did moments ago.

"It's already bed time... Take one sleeping pill tonight so that you can have enough rest without any problems. Tomorrow, were going to the big building and hang out together the whole time. Wouldn't that be fun?" Maria cooed at her daughter as they could see a faint blush on her cheeks.

"Moooooom don't baby me....! "

"And why shouldn't I? Your my baby, of course I want to baby you! And no one can stop me!" Maria dramatically pledged as she peppered Tony's face with a lot of kisses.

Tony laughed while she tried to stop her mom from kissing her a lot.

Howard on the other hand had a depressed aura, as he felt left out by both of his angels, having fun playing with each other.

'am I forgotten....?" 

Time skip....

Both of the couple bid Tony good night as they slowly closed the bedroom door.

They then walked to their own bedroom at the end of the hall when the AI suddenly called for them.

"Master... I received a call from one of young master's friends. They wanted to know if young master Rogers have called him or not. They claimed that young master Rogers haven't come home yet." Howard raised his eyebrows in confusion with the question.

"As far as I know Jarvis, we didn't  see Tony talking or holding his phone since the moment we went home. Is something wrong with Steve?" Maria asked with clear worry in her expression.

Howard was also feeling suspicious with this sudden problem.

"Tell them that we haven't heard anything from Steve and then I want you to find Steve's location... Rogers and his wife went on a vacation since a few days ago. He told me himself that he left Steve at home to look after the house. Knowing that child, he wouldn't left that house unattended except for school." Howard narrowed his eyes again... It was suspicious indeed.

The AI instantly went to tell the news to Tony's friends and then went on a search for Steve's whereabouts.

Both the couple were sitting on the edge of their bed, feeling something wrong with all of the situation that has been happening... The reactor has suddenly gone wrong caused by someone's intention, an intruder in the Strange's house, and now the sudden disappearance of Steve...

Is there something their missing...?

Maria could see her husband's eyes. They were tired but alarmed. She could only sigh as she was also feeling the fatigue so she did what she could only do.

She took Howard's hands and dragged him to lay at their bed. Maria hugged her husband with her husband being the little spoon, as she patted his head softly while humming a familiar tune.

"Whatever it is, we will solve it... For now... Relax and rest... We need a lot of energy tomorrow... Now sleep." Maria mumbled in his ears as they both slowly went to sleep.

Although they faced a lot of worrying problems but they were positive and believed in their hearts that everything is gonna be okay.

A/N

New update although it's shorter but at least I tried to update🤣🤣🤣 so I'm gonna try and make another fast update in the near future so hopefully there isn't too much trouble lmao.

Anyway, enjoy!!!