Chapter 29

No One's POV

As the two couple disposed all of their coats and bags in the living room, they both went upstairs to their son's bedroom.

They slowly walked over to the door and softly put their ears against the door. They could hear faint voices coming from the room and they were sure, Tony had company.

Glancing at each other, they quickly stood straight up again and knocked on their door.

"Tony, Honey? What are you doing?" Maria asked her son as she and Howard both glanced from the door frame.

"Oh hi mom! Umm... I forgot to tell you that I brought my friends to hang out... I hope you don't mind." Tony explained as he nervously scratched his cheek.

"Oh of course not! You are free to hang out with your friends but you do have to always remind me or your father about it. Even Jarvis has to know so that he can inform us."

Tony just nodded and gave both of his parents a kiss on the cheek. "I missed you guys..."

Maria hugged her son as she gave Tony a loving kiss on the forehead. Howard looked towards his son lovingly as he softly pet Tony's head while his wife hugged Tony.

The Tony squad however (plus Loki), looked at the little family's show of affection while staring softly at Tony, who was a few moments ago, got his heartbroken by his one and only crush.

Natasha, who didn't want to disturb the little family even further, coughed to gain the couple's attention.

"Sorry to intrude Mr and Mrs Stark but it's best if all of us could go home... Tony needs you both more right now... We already accompanied him for a few hours." The couple nodded and Howard personaly ushered Tony's friends to the front door, leaving his wife to tend to their son.

"Thank you for taking care of my son while we were gone... But it's quite worrisome that he actually brought his friends home to accompany him... Usually he would be alone at home... Care to explain why?"

The Tony squad all glanced at each other when, unexpectedly, Loki was the one to talk.

"Mr Stark... Earlier today... He was a little bit stressed over the rumors that has been flying around the school. And we knew it would just make him more sad and stressed so we decided to skip school and brought him here... We know about his problems so rest assured."

Howard nodded and smile at them, appreciated the help they made to his son.

"We were actually thinking that... Maybe Tony needs to stay home for one day tomorrow... Knowing him, he probably doesn't want to go out for a while." Natasha added with a motherly aura clearly around her.

The Tony squad could see the indifferent expression on Howard's face but Howard's eyes easily showed them that he was glad.

"I understand... I would have also let him take a day off from school. Besides, I need to spend more time with my son and tomorrow is just the perfect day." The Tony squad smiled and finally waved goodbye to Howard and left the mansion.

As they left, Howard frowned slightly. What rumors that could possibly make Tony this sad and vulnerable? He sighed and went inside and walked upstairs to his son's bedroom only to witness that Tony fell asleep on his mother's lap on the floor.

Maria looked at Howard with a sad smile. "Our son needs some time off tomorrow... He needs it... He will tell us what happened when he is ready." Howard just agreed with her and went to her other side and watched as she softly pat Tony's head.

After a few minutes, the AI watched as the little family all huddled in a hug and slept together on the floor with Tony right in the middle. Even though he was just and AI, he could feel a slight emotion of happiness as he watched them.

Jarvis instantly locked all the doors and windows of the house so that no intruders would try and break in and just watched the family until afternoon.

A/N

So... I'm back? 🤣
First of all, I'm sorry for being absent on updating this story but we couldn't hold our phones at school or at the hostel.

But now I'm staying at home until next year! So I really hope I could finish this story before next year because some of my drafts are gone and this chapter was the only thing that was saved. But it only got to this point.

Anyway, I hope you guys love this little fluff with the little Stark family, and look forward with the next update, until then, good-bye😁✨✨

P/S

Lots of love to everyone who's reading my book and left a lot of funny and sweet comments about the story. It makes me happy to know that some of you are still supporting me with this book UwU