Chapter 25

Bucky's POV

"I'll call him to see if he's okay.. he should still be awake by now judging by his habits." Natasha said while taking out her phone.

I would be lying if I wasn't worried about him... He's someone important to me as well besides Tony. And seeing that he is not here with us gave me a bad feeling.

Steve would never miss a chat. I would know because I've been around him long enough to memorize him.

I glanced at Tony and I could see how scared and worried he is about Steve.

*Beep*

*Beep*

*Beep*

*Be-*

'H-hello? Natasha?'

"Steve! Did you see our message in the group? We're all at Tony's house right now."

'O-oh! Right... Um... I forgot to see my messages just now... Pretty busy with my hobbies you know? Anyway I can't go there right now because something came up.'

"Oh? Did your parents got home from their trip or something?" Natasha asked, unsure was written on her face.

'Not yet but they will in a few minutes. They expect me home when they come back so I have to pass this time.'

Natasha looked at us with a worried look. This isn't the Steve I know... He would always make time for me and Tony whenever we want to hang out. And knowing his parents, they are pretty much okay with him hanging out with his friends a lot.

I could tell the others are also getting suspicious with Steve's reasoning.

"Steve, are you okay? This isn't like you at all... Do you want us to go there and accompany you?" This time Rhodey was the one talking.

'Really! I'm fine! It's just a one time thing. I'll see you guys tomorrow at school okay?'

We weren't completely convinced by Steve's words. I was not convinced at all and neither was Tony but we understand his situation since it's his parents.

"Oh alright then. See you at school tomorrow Steve! You better be there tomorrow or I'll come to your house myself and punch the living shit out of you, do you hear me?!" Natasha said and we could hear a faint laugh on the other side of the phone.

'I promise Nat... I'll be at school tomorrow so don't worry! I never break my promises now did I? I gotta go now... Need to do something that my mom told me to do before she comes home.'

"Bye Steve!"

And then the call ended. All of us were looking at each other, unsure of Steve's reasoning. Mostly about his parents because he told us the other day that his parents were at France a few days ago and his parents should arrive here by Tuesday.

"Maybe they came home a few days early? Who knows?" Clint said with a lollipop on his hands.

"And where the hell did you get a lollipop from?" Bruce nagged at him.

"I was at the convenience store when Tony send us the message, so I didn't want to leave the store empty handed... So I just bought a few lollipops."

I couldn't help but chuckle at Clint as Bruce just kept nagging at him for buying lollipops without giving him any.

Actually everyone laughed at them for being total crackheads.

"Well... Since Steve's not coming tonight, might as well continue this so called 'mission' as a head start." All of us nodded and went downstairs to Tony's lab.