Our Now

Setting: Year 2022

It has been a year since the Pinks disbanded in 2021. Unlike others, their disbandment was peaceful and unanimously decided by themselves and by the company. Simply, they wanted to pursue their individual careers.

Jennie became the CEO of her own clothing line, By Nini, and is now based in Paris. Chaeng pursued a solo career and is now one of the most sought after soloist, not just in Korea, but also internationally. Currently, she is working a collaboration with Taylor Swift. Jisoo, on the other hand, as predicted by Blinks, became the next CEO of YGEnt. She is the most applauded CEO, clearing out most of the controversies left by previous administrations. She introduced new concepts and policies for idols and trainees. Most importantly, she prioritized their health and security, having experienced all the ups and downs of being an idol. She was strict and savage, but an adorable one too. And their maknae, Lisa, pursued her love for photography and has been travelling all over the world conducting exhibits and lectures on photography.

Kriiiiingg kriiiing!!
"Hello!"
"Unnie! How are you?". CEO Jisoo smiled the moment she heard the familiar squealing voice of Park Chaeyoung.
"Hello. How are you too? I'm great! Gosh I missed you, Chipmunk!", says the older girl who has smile spread all over her face. How she really missed her dongsaengs.

"So what's with the call?".
"Well, I'm in Korea right now. I'll be here for a couple of days. I want to see you Chichu unnie. Oh gosh I'm so excited!!". Jisoo could only imagine Chaeyoung squealing and being all so adorable.
"Then just come by the agency. You know where to find me.", Jisoo said, while playing with her pen, when she remembered something.
"Chaeng, just a reminder. If at all you'll be visiting me at the office, my office is in the 3rd floor, not 6th or 7th."
"Heemmm? Why is that unnie? Isn't the CEO's office in the 7th?", Chaeng wonders, yet she might already know the answer, and a smile is just waiting at the corner of her lips, waiting for the confirmation from her unnie.
"You know I hate being in high places and I definitely abhore stairs!". And there it is, thought Chaeng.

"The first few months of my work were pure hell! The elevators were not working so I have to go up to the 7th freaking floor thru the stairs to reach my office! Half of the day I spent just by going up those damn stairs!  Hell, I already finished my ramen or a bucket of chicken and yet I am not yet half way? What are those stairs anyway, infinity stairs?! So, when I couldn't take it, I used every amount of CEO power I had to transfer the to the 3rd floor."

Chaeng could only giggle at the antics of her dear unnie. She hasn't changed at all, she thought. And it made her teary-eyed. Oh how she missed her so much! The thought of Lisa and Jennie only made her longing worst. She sniffed, and it did not go unnoticed.

"Yaah, Park Chaeyoung, are you sick? Have you been eating and resting well??Do you have colds??", Jisoo asked non-stop.

Chaeng sighed and fixed herself, wiping her tears. "No unnie, I'm perfectly fine. It's just that hearing you blabber made me miss you a lot more. And I thought of Lisa and Jennie unnie too. So I got emotional and teary-eyed. But I'm fine now. Thank you."

"Aawww, you're still the same cry-baby Park Chaeyoung. Anyway, as much as I would love to keep this convo going, 'cause I miss you too so much, I have to scoot because I have to meet with the representative of Dispatch and give them a beating once again.",  Jisoo exclaimed, already fixing her things.

"Ne unnie. I still have to meet with some people for my next music. Maybe we could meet tomorrow around 5pm? I'll see you at your office, if you're free by that time. Chicken's on me!", Chaeng said.