Depth

Lisa

"Lis, I guess that's enough. That's already your tenth bottle of soju!", Chaeng said.

We are currently in her hotel room,I outside the veranda, in Paradise City and it's almost 12 midnight.

Wondering what happened to me and Jisoo? Well, we ended our nonsense talk at about 3 in the morning of that unfortunate day after the halloween party. I slept after that and when I woke up at around 6pm, that's the only time that all of the heartaches and pains came pouring in. So, I had to run to Chaeng, my bestest best friend, and here we are. Here I am, wasted to the point of no return.

"I'm fine, Chaeng. I need this.", I told her and smiled at her. Jen is nowhere to be found. I'm sure she's with the girl that did this to me.

"Hmmm. After Jisoo unnie told you about what her parents said, what did you do?", Chaeng asked.

I bitterly smiled at the thought of our conversation on early dawn.

"So, it's your parents then. Not Jinyoung or the media or haters. You could have told me earlier, Soo!!"

"And then what, Lisa, hate my parents because they're narrow-minded when it comes to this issue?? Criticize them for being judgmental of you and me or the relationship?? I don't want anyone hating on my parents, specially you, Jen, Chaeng or your parents just because of their beliefs. I know that Chaeng's and your parents accept this, Jen's mom might be considerate. While my parents are not! I don't want you to hate them because I know how you've come to love and adore them, my sister and brother and specially my niece and nephews. I can't bear that. So I had to make reasons to shield them from hate!"

She has a point, I thought. Knowing her reasons made me feel hate towards her parents. And she also didn't like it.

"Be with me Jisoo! If your parents won't approve of our relationship then we'll fight for it! Let's prove them that we can make it, that we won't be affected by what haters would say and that we could protect them and ourselves!! I will fight for you Jisoo!! I will fight for what I feel for you, I'll prove them that I'm worthy for you!!"

"That's the problem, Lisa!! I WON'T FIGHT FOR YOU!! I can't and I won't choose you over my family!!", she yelled.

Her eyes were filled with tears, sadness and truth. I was dumbstruck, as if hit by a lightning. I had to take a step back and lean unto something that could give me support. My energy started to drain off of the realization of her words. The pain is gripping my heart so hard that it hurts like hell.

"You know how much my family means to me, Lis. They've given me everything I needed and supported me in everything I wanted. To my dad, I am her princess!! I could never turn my back on my family just to be with someone I love. And I can never be happy knowing that the family I care and love so much will disown and turn their backs on me because I chose you.", she continued.

She was breathing staggeredly, panting heavily because of the pain and the heaviness of what she's telling me. I can't bear to see her like this, so no matter how hurt I was, I tried to come close to her to hug her and tell her everything will be alright. But when I took one step forward to her, she took a step back. I stopped on my track. She wiped her tears and looked at me with bitter smile.

"So, you see Lis. No matter how strong my feelings for you are right now, and I'm telling you now that I really really love you to bits, we can never be together, because I can never choose you over my family. That day when I heard my parents talk about us and how they would feel regarding this, made me realize that I can never be with you."