Storms, Rainbows and Us

It's now the second week of October. Two weeks since the girls' Thailand vacation. Two weeks of pure silent and casual treatment between Lisa and Jisoo. Yes, nothing improved between the two. In the span of two weeks, they would just talk to each other when needed, in practices, meetings and seldom in the house. Jisoo spends more time nowadays at the office, polishing everything that is needed for the upcoming event. Sometimes she stays in the office until midnight, even past midnight. She goes home when she's sure that Lisa is already asleep.

Same goes with Lisa. She makes it a point to practice 'til her body is tired and all she would do at home is sleep. It has been going on and on between them, specially that Lisa sees Jisoo with Jinyoung most of her time. At times, when Jisoo is stuck at the office, the guy goes to the office and brings food or drinks. And everytime Lisa see Jinyoung at her office, she stays at the studio until he is gone or both of them are gone. It hurts like hell, but what could she do?

"I guess I'm no longer her fling!", Lisa often tells herself.

It was Saturday. Jisoo decided to stay home. Lisa decided to stay home. They had no choice but to talk to each other.

"Lisa, do you have anything to do this afternoon?", Jisoo asked. The young girl is watching a series in Netflix, while the older girl just came down from her room.

"Yup! I'm going to meet Minnie.", Lisa answered without looking at Jisoo.

Jisoo's brow twitched. She knows that Lisa has been spending much time with Minnie of (G)I-dle. Sometimes she would see Minnie with Lisa during practices.

"Are you and Minnie together now?", Jisoo asked. Lisa was a bit surprised at the question and the weighty and hard tone Jisoo used.

"Nope. Not yet.", Lisa answered. Lisa honestly has no intention of being woth Minnie. They're friends and she enjoys her company.

"Not yet?? Meaning you like her and you want to date her?", Jisoo, again, asked. This time Lisa turned and faced her unnie who was leaning against the door separating their living room and kitchen.

"Maybe, maybe not. I don't actually know unnie. And why do you ask?", Lisa returned a question.

"Nothing. You're spending so much time with her and she even comes to the studio during practices. So I guessed you two are together.", Jisoo answered.

"Ooh okay. You know we've been friends and I enjoy her company. How about you and Jinyoung? You two a pair now?", Lisa asked. She actually felt dumb asking the inevitable knowing that, at this point, she can't deal with the possible answer. She dreaded the day that Jisoo would confirm her relationship with Jinyoung.

"No, we're not.  We're just hanging out as friends, Lis."

"Hmmm okay.", Lisa said as she smiled genuinely. She wiped the sweat that broke out of her forehead. She was glad and relieved.

"Why did you ask if I have anything to do later?", Lisa remembered.

"I was just gonna ask you to accompany me to the grocery store. We're running out of supplies here."

"Ahh I'm sorry. If you've asked a little earlier, I could come with you. But I promised Minnie to treat her to snacks and dinner for bringing some food during our practices."

Jisoo rolled her eyes. For the past five days, Minnie has been bringing snacks for idols and trainees during practices. She allowed it since Jinyoung does the same. She doesn't want to look like a sour-graping ahjumma.

"Okay, great. Have fun!"
.
.
.
.
.

As expected, Lisa went out of the house at around 3pm in her bike. Jisoo was preparing herself to go out too.