Made It

LISA

I am trying my very best not to shake so much and to not drop the spoon and fork I am currently holding. As I bring the spoon near my mouth I glance to my side to see Jisoo also doing her best not to tremble and act so calm, while my bestfriend Rosé across the table has no qualms and worries about being nervous around Jisoo's parents and is just so focused with the food in front of her. When she glanced my way, she smiled sweetly at me and exclaimed happily, "The food is so delicious!"

I glared at her to remind her of our situation. When she realized it her face turned serious, but again focused on the food. Beside Rosé is Jisoo's mother and at the center end of the table is none other than the big guy, Kim Jisoo's father. Yes, literally Uncle Ji Hoon is big and intimidating and scary! I guess it's where Jisoo got her scary side??!!

What transpired before this epic dinner was something I really really did not expect. Actually, all of us did not expect it. The dinner invitation made by Kim Jisoo's father was way beyond my expectation and imagination. But it happened, in the most dramatic way.

I thought, back home, while Jisoo was away and when her parents came, I would faint upon meeting them unexpectedly. I feel so exposed without Jisoo in the house. Good thing, Rosé was with me and assured me she got my back, though I know she froze too.

Funny things is that after the invitation and after I told Jisoo all about it, we were speechless, and yet we made a plan on how to go through whatever possible things might happen during the dinner because no matter how anxious we were about the sincerity of the invitation, we have to go, right?

And so we huddled up the whole afternoon, thinking of whys and hows and whats. We ended our strategy by summing up that we would just act cool and relaxed, and if things turn out bad we would not cry nor get angry, we'll politely leave. And for Jisoo, she promised she would be with me all the way even when things get ugly with her parents. I was very thankful. As for Rosé, she suggested that we should eat first before talking since it's not good to disgrace the table and the food, if things get messy.

Yeah I get it Rosé, food always comes first.

And so we're here, trying our very best to swallow every food we eat, while waiting for the patriach to speak.

Speaking of the patriarch, he is so engrossed with his food that he doesn't seem to mind us or even remember that he invited us there. He is extremely quiet. But yeah, we eat first before judgment day.

When I was about to calm down from my thoughts, he spoke, which made me a thousand times colder than the North Pole that even hell would freeze.

"So Lisa..", was what he said. The cliff-hanging statement made it even worse.

Despite every messy things I feel right now, I tried to look at his direction, lile a robot.

"Y--y-yes, Sir?", I said.

He looked up at me and I almost fainted embarrassingly. He put down his spoon and fork and that's when I realized he's done eating. "Oh shit, judgment time.", I uttered to myself.

"How are your parents?", he asks in his baritoned voice.

"Oh..Hmmmm they're fine. They're currently in--in the Philip--pines for an event.", I stutteringly answered. "Damn Lisa! Get a hold of yourself!!", I chastised myself.

"Is that so? Your parents are really busy these days.", he nods and I did the same.

"How long have you been with my daughter?", he suddenly asks, catching me off-guard and a meat in my mouth suddenly slid down my throat, choking me a bit. Jisoo had to stand from her seat and get to me to tap my back. When I was relieved, I gasped for more air.