Nothing Better

JISOO

I was already feeling anxious. It's already late but Lisa isn't home yet. She hasn't come back since she left. I already tried calling her phone but she isn't answering.

I've been crying since then too. I haven't moved since then too.

This is our first hard fight. We argue, we quarrel, but we never lash out at each other and we never became physical. This is indeed something that I didn't expect. Her words, her tone, her accusations. Everything pierced thru my heart and soul and I couldn't stop the pain, so I cry.

An arm around my shoulder brought me back to reality.

"Unnie, has Lisa answered your call? She isn't answering mine too.", Rosé said.

I shake my head as I clutch tight to my phone, not wanting to miss in case a message or a call comes in.

"Please stop cying unnie. I'm so worried for you.", Rosé pleaded, but I can't help but cry.
"Was I wrong, Chaeng?", I asked in between sobs.

Rosé sat beside me and pulled me to her chest.

"I honestly think that both of you are at fault. God I would never have imagined that you two would end up like this!"

When Lisa left hours ago, I was left in the living room crying. Few minutes later, Rosé and Jennie came home and they were horrified when they saw me crying a river. And they were even mortified when I told them what just happened.

"I mean, Lisa has a point unnie. Jinyoung likes you and it would just be in a short period of time before he would formally ask you to date him. And she was really jealous. But it wasn't right for her to accuse you of anything. And you, too, have a reason not to shoo him off. It's really risky knowing that your father likes him for you. But you shouldn't have slapped her."

"I was hurt so bad. And she didn't stop even if I told her to."

"Because she was hurting too, unnie. But it won't help now even if we determine who is at fault here. As I said, both of you are at fault. Your anger towards each other got the best of your judgments."

I did not answer back. Rosé is right. We were clouded by our anger and we made everything worst. Truth be told, I regret what I did, but my pride didn't let me do what I should have done. That is to apologize.

Jennie came out of the kitchen and sat beside us.

"Mr. Eskimo called. Lisa is in Paradise. He told me that one of their bartenders told him that Lisa arrived at their bar this afternoon. And she kept ordering hard drinks. When the bartender already refused to give her drinks she started to get angry at him. That is when Mr. Eskimo was called. She's so drunk. Mr. Eskimo had to book her a room because she could no longer drive and even stand. I will check on her at the hotel. It's better for you not to go Unnie. We still don't know how she would react if she sees you. Hubby you stay with unnie okay? I'll update you once I'm there.", Jennie calmly said.

I did not answer. But I was relieved that Lisa has been found and somewhat fine.

When Jennie went out, Rosé urged me to eat. I haven't eaten anything for dinner and my stomach starts to grumble.

After I ate, I told Chaeng that I'd like to rest. She just nodded and asked if I wanted her to accompany me for the night. I declined. I wanted to be alone. I know I'll just cry the night away.

And true enough, I cried the whole night. The accusations Lisa threw at me, her doubts towards me kept ringing in my brain. And the look in her eyes when I slapped her didn't leave me either.
.
.
.
.
.