Chapter 7

On this night, Fei Yang ran with light steps on the palace grounds. He made sure his face was covered in order to conceal his identity, and just incase he did something not permitted within the palace.

Though, either way he would be lifted of his actions by the king.

After all, he is a very important guest.

The foreign prince was on his way to the late Crown Prince's White Palace that had been sitting empty for years, waiting for its next owner.

He figured that this was where he should really start, seeing that all other places he had begun was hopeless. Those he set foot in, turned him to a dead end.

"If everything else was futile, then it must have originated here."

That was what he guessed. He believed that maybe, the person behind it all wanted power, and the only way to grasp it was to first get rid of the heir, promise of the future.

But why wasn't the king the first target, is what irked him. Of course it'd be the most devastating if he were to go out first, but why would they go for the heir and not the man in high power to completely get ahold of that position.

Passing through the corridors, he then entered the late Crown Prince's treasured space. This room was where he stored his greatest discoveries when he ventured out beyond the palace walls and even the country.

It contained ancient relics of past kingdoms, books of dark magic, cursed objects, weapons used by heroes of said legends and stories, and his most prized of all, the sword of first king of the Wei Kingdom, Wen Shoushan.

He along with the other first kings of the Four Kingdoms established their own place in their respective countries. These countries were said to have been founded by the four deities that ruled over each royal family.

However, the ladder was claimed as just a story and nothing else.

Walking about the place, he decided to check if the sword of Wen Shoushan was still there. If it was not there, then truly it was trouble.

Turning the corner, he let out a look of relief.

That sacred piece was still there resting on its stand. It still held the same divine presence it had long ago when it was in the hands of its first and last wielder. 

It was part of the Wei royal family tradition that the sword be passed down to each Crown Prince to keep watch over.

Seeing that there was nothing to worry about here, he decided to check the chambers of the Crown Prince. Hopefully, he'll find something there.

Entering the late heir's place, he scanned the area. He never knew this person but had an idea of him.

The first born prince and successor to the throne, Wen Li, was a remarkable prince. He often went against the rules of the palace that restricted a royal to leave the palace. This one did so in order to hear the troubles of the nation, even going to each of the Four Kingdoms to share the values and beliefs they held.

He was truly one to look to.

Looking about the room, he tried to find if even the tiniest thing was out of place. It didn't matter if he had never seen the room before, one would truly know if something was wrong.