Chapter 20

As he ran through the palace grounds, Fei Yang faced the men of Wen Xin's personal army. If there was no other choice to leave without a fight, he'd kill them.

He had already taken down two of the masked men, which was not an easy task, as they were quite skilled.

One thing he does regret in his search of her, is how he couldn't save those slain before his very eyes.

At every corner of the palace, all he saw were the lives of the innocent that were taken and those who've defended.

He's never seen such turmoil within a foreign kingdom's palace. Never one where a prince would leave such sinister happenings.

As he turned the corner, he was met with a familiar sword. Instinctively, he retracted and pulled out his blade gaining the sound of metal clashing.

"Prince Fei Yang, 4th prince of the Jin Kingdom." the man spoke.

Fei Yang glared, "Do you also hold a grudge against me, Yu He?" it irked him that such a person spoke his name.

Yu He, holder of the yellow opera mask chuckled. "Well," as he removed his mask, "I do hate that you've invaded my haven." referring to his quarters.

"Haven? It looked like a brothel." said the foreign prince.

Yu He's eyes narrowed at his words, "It's the only place where I can forget those memories."

Not even a warning, Fei Yang rushed forward slashing at him and in response the man blocked it.

"Why are you even helping the king? He is nothing but a pig, a filthy rat!" he cursed.

The foreign prince did not give an answer, deciding to listen.

"Can you not speak? Say something you Jin prince!" he yelled in a rage.

Just as he let out those words, did it become an opening for another person to come into this battle.

The holder of the yellow mask, stumbled back from his attack on the foreign prince and placed a hand over the cut at his side. His eyes then looked to the one responsible.

It was Fan He.

"Young Master Fan He," Fei Yang voiced.

"Your Highness, you must find the princess." Fan He spoke.

"But-" the foreign prince words were cut short.

"I CAN'T LET WEN CHEN DOWN!" he shouted.

He promised he'd protect Wen Yue.

Fei Yang gulped and hesitantly, he left without any words but a thank you.

Fan He held his sword tightly, ready to face his fated rival.

Yu He looked with contempt, "You knew?" he questioned.

The young man's eyes shut for a moment, "Yes."

Yu He scoffed, "I can't believe you're helping the king. After what he's done to her."

"What makes you think I'm doing this for the king? I am doing this for my friend." he states.