Chapter 16

Fei Yang had already sent his experience of that night, including his confirmed suspicions of two certain individuals.

Days passed, and Ju Ning laid in her bed keeping warm from the cold weather. The scowl on her face was as deep as ever.

"..........I'm hungry." she muttered quietly to herself.

Although hungry, she didn't want to speak to anyone and order them around. It was bothersome to her.

The lady simply sighed to herself, "I wonder how mother and father are doing." she could only wonder, especially the fact that Chang was no longer around to keep them company.

Just as she said that, the doors opened, revealing Wen Ling who's come with a tray of hot foods for his dear wife. Carrying it, he walked carefully as to not drop it or else he'd have to fetch another.

"What brings you here?" Ju Ning questioned her husband with raised brows.

The prince seemed to bite the inside of his lip, "I....I just wanted to make sure you were eating good, so I brought you food." he looked to ponder.

The lady just smiled, "Then come, I am quite hungry."

Coming towards her, he placed the tray on the nightstand and held the bowl of short rib beef soup along with a spoon. Dipping it in to capture the warm liquid, he blew on it as to make sure it wouldn't be too hot or else her mouth would burn.

Then, he held the spoon to her lips to drink. His expression was dear as ever as he waited for her lips to part. She chuckled softly at his actions and took in the flavor.

"Did you make this?" she asked.

He looked speechless almost, "How did you know?"

"It tastes homemade." she said. For her, there was effort mixed in along with the feeling of home and family.

"Is it alright?" Wen Ling asked like a child.

"Delicious," just one word.

He became cheery causing her to smile without a doubt.

As she ate the food he made, he kept his talk going on and she'd listen.

"How is your belly so big already? I believe you only told me the news just a few weeks ago." he was curious.

"Umm.....err....... I'm actually in my last stage of pregnancy already." she nervously laughed.

His expression turned shocked.

"I didn't know how to tell you the first few months so I kept to myself. I think I got pregnant the first night we were together." she explained.

They had gotten married at least over eight months ago.

His eyes lowered, "Why didn't you tell me earlier then?" he seemed down.

Her lips turned into a frown, "Because......our marriage was out of power and political reasons......I thought that our child would only grow up without any actual love. I was afraid that after I told you, you'd no longer see me since you've completed your duty to conceive a child." her gaze seemed to shift to a sorrowful one.