Chapter 35

The two spent their time in the garden of the Night Palace, as she made flower crowns and he laid down on her lap on the grass. With summer nearing its end, the days were still vibrant with nature that flourished.

Fei Yang simply laid there with eyes looking towards her. His wife's hair was loose allowing it to flow freely in the breeze that swept, brushing against his skin. He reached to touch her strands that were soft upon contact, then brought them to his lips giving a silent kiss.

Noticing his somewhat secrete actions, she chuckled as she made another knot to the flower stems, connecting them.

In all honesty, they felt content to see that they were also coming together again. It were as though they were in the "talking" stage and not yet beyond that.

"What do you do besides going to the military quarters?" that she always wondered since it seemed his life revolved around it.

Hearing that question, he thought about it. He's never actually done anything else other than journey beyond the palace and bring light to troubled areas.

He frowned, "I guess I never really had time to find out what I like."

Then, he felt something placed on top his head. Reaching to touch it, he realized it was the flower crown she had been making.

Fei Yang sat up from the comfort of her lap and looked at her as his hand held onto that crown that still rested on his head.

Wen Yue laughed gleefully, "I guess you can say that this is something you like." adding it to his list.

Her saying this made him break into joy with a huffed laughter. She really knew how to make him smile.

The prince looked around and picked up a flower, placing it in her hair. His hand brushed against her cheek before coming to rest back at his side.

"You as always outshine everything around you." his eyes loving.

Her face overcame with flush, and nose lightly scrunched at his words of flatter. She was undoubtedly speechless.

From afar did an individual watch with sorrow in her eyes. Although she had been forbidden to enter these grounds, she still did to see him.

However, the moment she saw the pair like this she didn't know what to do anymore exactly.

She frowned and turned away to leave.

As she walked the path to exit, she could only smile with a sigh.

Quietly, she mumbled to herself, "So your happiness lies with her after all.........I'll do everything I can to watch over her." she promised.

To let go of that unrequited love, took a lot to do. Knowing that it was her among the many, showed that he truly loved her with everything he is and gave her the answer to why he chose her.

She had what she didn't have and that was her being her.

Nightfall came, bringing the stars and darkness. She had just finished her bath and now sat outside on her porch as she brushed her damp hair.