Chapter 19

This new day was bright with the white that surrounded. It was now the middle of winter leaving brighter yet cold days to come.

However, one particular servant couldn't help but to drop the basket of clothes that needed to be washed. She froze as it hit the ground with eyes frantic and body trembling as she looked at the sight before her.

Her shaking hands came to her face and began to whimper before breaking into a scream.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH"

There laid the many bodies of guards and servants who've met an unfortunate fate. Blood covered the pavement and the once white snow was now stained red.

The man behind it, was the person who bore a white opera mask.

Hearing the woman's cries, he turned to her with a tight grip on his blade that carried the deaths of many.

His head tilted as he walked towards her with slow steps that crept.

Her eyes shook as she walked back to get away. Breaking into a sprint, she tried as fast she could to get away from this hell.

Just as she was to reach the main group of women that tended to the laundry, she yelled for help only to then not. Blood flowed from her throat as she fell to her knees and hands at her neck.

Her expression was painful and brows scrunched together. Those eyes of hers looked to the feet before her then up to his face.

The masked man did not make a sound, simply watching as she bled dreadfully.

With all she had, she tried to cry for help. 

"Hel...p........." she croaked.

She looked to the side before the last of her strength faded and fell to the ground.

This woman was only part of the beginning of the unleashed hell.

"Protect the king! Intruders have broken into the palace." the leading guard yelled loud and clear.

A large group of men rushed with quick steps to the Sun Palace. Entering they immediately left to the king's chambers. Surrounding his quarters, they secured it.

"Someone check inside to see if His Majesty is alright!" one shouted.

A rookie nodded and headed inside. However, just as those doors opened, did his jaw drop.

"Sir! SIR." he shouted.

The group leader came, "What is it?" his brows furrowed.

"H-His Majesty....he's nowhere to be seen!"

The man's eyes widen and rushed to the outside where the others were. "Everyone, we must search for His Majesty. He's gone!" he ordered.

The page turned continuing from where it left off years ago, to the next scene that would be the years later.

"Your Highness, wake up."

Wen Ling could hear a voice calling out to him. It were as though he were waking up from a bad dream and his mother was waking him.

His eyes faintly opened and in a blur, he thought he saw his mother. Water began to fill his eyes, "Mother...."

"Your Highness!"

Just hearing it once more, he snapped out of his trance.

His eyes opened and on his face was sweat as heavy breaths escaped. Looking about the space he was in, he saw Fei Yang along with his father.