Chapter 45

Weeks have passed, and already there was a difference in his body from the moment he awakened and now. He was coming back to his former glory of being the great Commander who led his troops to victory at the borders.

Breathing heavily, he pulled the string of his bow with the arrow in place once more. His body in position, he readied himself for target.

It was also that same moment, that the trio watched their prince. But yet again, were Han and Huang making a bet like they always do whenever he practiced archery.

"If His Highness gets a bull's eyes at the very center, you must pay for my dinner outside the palace walls." spoke Han who as always, put his priorities first.

It was known that servants and women of the royal family could never step outside the walls beyond the palace. However, men under the princes and such were able to. There was always more freedom towards the gender deemed to hold more status.

Huang frowned at his request, "And if His Highness is off by the center even by just a fraction, you're buying me liquor." the expression shown looked smug.

The other man took his hand into his and shook, "Don't back out you dic-"

Jianyu smacked the back of his head before he could finish.

Han whimpered at the assault, "You didn't even know what I was going to say!" he cried as Huang rolled his eyes.

The prince's right-hand looked forward, "We know how sensitive Huang is about his size, so we shouldn't mention that word around him."

There wasn't a slightest change in expression.

Han bursted into laughter at his words. On the other hand, Huang simply sighed to himself feeling a sense of deja vu.

"Why does this conversation sound so familiar?"

Pinpointing his area of target, Fei Yang released the pulled string leaving a wooden arrow to pierce through the air hitting the wooden board.

Jianyu smiled at the prince's accomplishment after these grueling weeks.

At the bull's eye, was the arrow at the dead center. The gallant 4th prince was never one to settle for average or the requirement. He always strived higher than the best.

Huang gave a scowl at his failure as he glared at Han who smiled with glee. "Quit your joy you fool!" cursing him.

The man on the other hand, kept his laughter.

From afar watched a troubled young woman, hidden from their view. She gave an expression of delight seeing his growth.

"You're working so hard."

Her eyes always turned soft at the sight of him who never backed down from anything.

Solemnly, Wen Yue then turned away with a frown on her face as she released a deep breath. The princess stood there for a few seconds before then going along her way, back to her chambers of the Night Palace.

"Is this how you felt whenever you simply watched me from a distance? Was it always this suffocating?"

It was later that same day as the sun began to set, ready for another night and another sunrise. Leaving the Camellia Palace of Imperial Concubine Ting Mei, was just Wen Yue having visited her mother-in-law. She once again fell to illness and left to be confined in her palace.

By her side as she walked, was Lin who couldn't help running her mouth after coming back from delivering something.

"Your Highness, I've sent the letter to Huang as you've asked." spoke Lin.

The woman of the Night Palace gave a subtle frown, "Thank you."

"Also, Your Highness will we be coming again tomorrow?" the servant asked her princess.

Wen Yue chuckled with a smile, "Yes, we must keep her company as she recovers."

The servant's lips curled with glee, "As you wish, Your Highness."

Although she was happy how her princess looked to be getting better, she knew deep down she wasn't.

The fact that he did not remember her, was on her mind every second of the day. It was horrible how someone you shared so many memories with could just forget you in a matter of time.

Lin wanted the princess to let it out as to not keep her worries to herself, and know that she wasn't alone anymore.

On the path to the exit, they came met with the man of forgotten memories.

Seeing the beautiful woman, he greeted her, "Greetings, Princess Wen Yue." a title Fei Yang addressed her by.

She still, was not used to him calling her so. "Greetings," a somber smile given to him.

It hurt walking past him without anything more to say due to their situation.

Rather than go forward, the prince instead looked at her.

As he watched her back that got further away, he could feel the tightening of his chest. Why was it that every time he saw her, he wanted to run and hold her in his arms?

She who was far from within his reach looked divine, yet why was she at his side?

Why did she remain?

Seeing her turn the corner at the exit, he took a few steps forward as though intending to go after her. However, he stopped himself with those solemn eyes that displayed grief.

It was a feeling he remembered deep down inside. That part of him who loves the Princess Wen Yue.

Faintly, he muttered to himself, "The magnificent jewel parallels the red camellia...." words trailing.

Once again was he seeing as such. He still thought of her the same way just like the moment he realized he fell in love with her.

That day he knew, was the night he gifted her the picked red camellia when she shedded tears of sorrow.

"How could someone be so lovely?"
.
.
.