Chapter 29

Days passed since then, leaving the newly wedded pair in their own worlds. The two would only walk past another with a greeting, acknowledging the other but never more than that.

Just this afternoon, was Princess Wen Yue getting ready to leave to the Iris Garden to have lunch with Queen Shi Yan, mother of the Crown Prince.

The queen invited just her, wanting to know more about the foreign princess. Rarely, did members of the Jin royal family ever marry another royal. This only happened once in a millennium.

Lin, placing the ornament in her princess' hair came around to see her from the front. "Your Highness is absolutely dashing." she complimented.

It was just a simple hairpin with the insignia of a lotus and strands of jewels that rained down from the center like fallen petals.

Wen Yue gave a short smile, "Thank you, Lin." she always tried to make her mood lighten.

The servant frowned, "Your Highness, I know you said you don't like heavy jewelry and such but really, you'd be unparalleled if you wore them along with a fuller face of make up." she looked to ponder.

Truly, Wen Yue's beauty was one not many had. Her naturally full brows, porcelain skin, crescent lips colored a pale rose, soft orbs, and v shaped face was what others desired; and she had it all.

She chuckled, "It's not always about how you look but who you are." never looking at one's outside.

Lin simply bowed as though in defeat, "Your Highness' words are wise."

The princess shook her head, "It's something we know once we learn it." talking of the past.

Hearing that, Lin did not touch onto the topic any further figuring it might be something personal. "Then, shall we get going Your Highness? It's proper that we arrive before Her Majesty."

Faintly, her lips curled up, "We can't have Her Majesty waiting for us."

Having a meeting at the military quarters of the palace, was Prince Fei Yang giving his insight on where in the kingdom they should increase security according to his findings on his way back from the Wei Kingdom.

On the map, he pointed his finger to the far left edge of the kingdom's borders, "Here, I've noticed how loose security is being that often will our people be attacked by traveling the tribes within our country, whether to defend themselves or for shelter."

The ones in command of the military listened closely as he is their prince who aids in keeping order at the borders.

"So I ask for General Wu to please dispatch more soldiers to guard our border cities and towns." he pleaded the general, father of Crown Princess Wu Xiang.

General Wu put his hand to his chin thinking through the process of this. Then, his hand rested on the table, "Very well Your Highness. I shall send a letter to His Majesty about this." agreeing to his words with a bow.

Fei Yang nodded his head, "Thank you General Wu."

The general simply chuckled, "There's no need to thank me, Your Highness." he bowed once more before he left along with the other military commanders.

A knock then came at door of the military building, "Your Highness!" called a man.

The prince realizing who it is immediately allowed entrance, "Come in." he spoke.

The door slid open and closed revealing the man to be Jianyu, his right-hand.

He bowed before then proceeding to voice the matters at hand, "Your Highness, your mother........" he briefly began.

Fei Yang's eyes turned worried, "What happened?"

"You need to see her right now." that was the only thing he could say.

The moment he heard those words, he made a run for it.

Jianyu exhaled heavily simply worried for His Highness. His mother was the only person he actually had left.

She was his world.

At the Iris Garden, sat Princess Wen Yue and Queen Shi Yan. The two were just chatting as they drank their warm tea and snacks that were on the table.

"Princess Wen Yue, I've heard many great things about you. One of which is that you are an amazing guqin player." the queen praised her.

Wen Yue smiled at her words, "Thank you, Your Majesty. I would play a piece for you however, I left my instrument back in my kingdom. I was told that I did not need to bring anything along, and so I didn't."

Shi Yan frowned, "That's a pity, I was looking forward to your play. Well....." her words trailed leaving the princess to sit in thought.

"Princess Wen Yue," the queen called her name again.

The young woman gave her full attention, "Yes, Your Majesty?"

The woman in high power's expression turned glum, "Please don't make him sad........alright?" her voice looked to beg as her gaze looked off in the distance to see the sun beginning to set.

It was like she knew something.

Hearing those words, Wen Yue did not know why but she felt a throbbing pain in her chest. It hurt having those words enter her ears.

Her eyes looked down, knowing she's already done so. However, she still looked the woman in the eyes with promise.

Standing from her seat, she knelt down and bowed deeply with her head touching the ground. This brought surprise to the queen, along with her personal servant, Lin.

"What are you doing? Please stand!" she exclaimed.

"I must admit that I may have done something already to make him feel down, but with all that I am, I will never make him feel such a way again." her eyes began to water then shut. "I am sorry that I made him feel that way. I couldn't control my feelings and let them take over me."

Queen Shi Yan's mouth gaped, hearing her but also knelt down to hold her by the hands and bringing her to stand. Then, to her surprise she brought the princess into her arms.

"It's okay, there will be mistakes on the way. All I can ever do is pray that boy is never filled with sorrow." the queen knew she couldn't make up for what happened in the past that involved Fei Yang.

Those words Shi Yan said, felt crushing to one's heart. Something about it felt horribly upsetting.

In the woman's arms, Wen Yue also returned the same action.

She swore to conceal the ill feelings that always tried to overcome her. The feelings now and in the future were most important, and she had to change not only for herself but for him.
.
.
.