Chapter 8

As days passed, Wen Yue with persistence composed that song she had been longing to write. With only the first few seconds, she played it over and over to herself.

She was in complete awe, entrapped by it's melody.

It was again this early afternoon that she plucked the strings once more before she'd set out to Wen Chen's Scholar Palace, and then the lotuses where he awaited her as usual.

This became her routine.

Nearing the end of her play, she prolonged the last note letting it ring through her ears. Her eyes shut with relaxation as if she became one with nature.

A state of euphoria.

After a while, her lovely eyes fluttered open. She sat still for a moment before getting up to rest her instrument back in its place.

Setting foot out, she made her way to the Scholar Palace.

"Your Highness, His Majesty wishes for you to see him." a female servant announced the order given to her by the king.

Although it was the middle of the day, he still laid in bed, tired from last night's events. He groaned painfully not wanting to get up and wrapped his arm around the woman by his side.

The pair were nude under the blankets that shielded them from the room's open space.

Ju Ning having put him off for so long after their first time on the night of their wedding, gave in due to his sexual frustrations of craving her.

She awoke just looking right at him with an annoyed expression, also unamused at the same time. Ju Ning could only smack herself mentally.

"I can't believe I actually let him have me! Shouldn't once be enough? Is he that horny to have disturbed my bath and just carry me to his chambers like a rag?! I am the daughter of a General and yet I let a man, a MAN, have ME?!!!"

Then, a chuckle along with a smirk entered her senses. Her eyes focused on him with a scowl that shot daggers.

His arm around her became tighter, causing her to become quite startled. "I'm sorry that I was crazy last night, I couldn't help myself. You kept putting me off and it annoyed me....." he seemed to hesitate at the end.

Although they've known each for so long with tight bonds, he was still in the back of his mind wary of her temper.

She didn't say anything and just scooted herself closer to him. He was taken aback by her actions and buried his face in her hair.

"Is your body sore?" he asked.

"....."

"How about your hips?"

"....."

"Do your breasts ach-"

"Do not say another word!" she boiled with embarrassment.

With every word he said, Ju Ning felt her pride withering away.

He laughed, "Just make sure that when you go out, you cover up well......if you get what I mean."

Her eyes widened at his "words of advice" and quickly reached for the nightstand. Ju Ning opened the drawer revealing a mirror and held it before her.

She was absolutely speechless.

On her neck were bruises and bite marks all over. Even on her body and places where it shouldn't be. 

Her head snapped towards his direction and began beating him with her small fists. Wen Ling just kept his laughter at her reaction.

"Wen Ling!!!" she howled.