Chapter 22

"Then won't you tell me your plans? What exactly are you going to do after everything is over Wen Xin?" Fei Yang asked.

"My plans?" Wen Xin seemed to ponder.

"Isn't it obvious? I am going to kill Wen Ling along with the king and marry Wen Yue. She has now become of age to marry, a fruit ready to pick." talking of committing incest.

Wen Yue hearing him, became disgusted. He was her brother, how could he even dare to say such things as her being his wife? Not only that, he's the reason why she's lost faith in so many things.

Her expression seemed to then settle when the arms that wrapped around her tightened. It made her feel safe.

"I can't let you have her." Fei Yang was against it in every way.

The princess looked up to him who kneeled beside her. She couldn't help but to have her heart ache as a pained expression came over her face.

Truly, she was glad that he was protecting her along with the fact that he promised they'd meet again. She just didn't expect to see him as another person.

Just then, bursting through the entrance doors of the White Palace, was Wen Ling along with General Ju.

"Xin, surrender now! We've already overtaken your men." Wen Ling yelled.

Wen Xin's hands clenched his sword tighter just hearing him. "I never have things go my way do I?" he muttered to himself.

Fei Yang stood from where he knelt alongside Wen Yue, keeping her behind him as he wielded his sword to protect her.

"Wen Xin," the Jin prince seemed to urge him to drop his weapon.

The 4th prince eyed him from the side with a menacing glare. It was truly insidious, what was held in those eyes of his.

"Oh right.....what was his name? Chang?" he remembered a certain individual.

Just hearing that name, irked the General.

"Don't you want to know why he died?" his gaze shifted to the adoptive father of that man whose hands tightened into fists.

"Let's just say, he didn't want to comply with my plans so he had to be cut out from the picture." he gave a brief summary as he laughed.

This angered him, "Prince Wen Xin!" he roared.

Unable to control his emotions, the mid-aged man rushed to put an end to him. Fei Yang knowing the consequences of what could happen if they clashed, hurried to stop them along with Wen Ling.

However, this left Wen Yue defenseless.

Retracting from his steps, Wen Xin immediately turned to point his blade at Wen Yue.

Fei Yang seeing the situation, gritted his teeth as to how mindless he was to not realize his true intentions.

If Wen Xin was to go down, he was going to take Wen Yue with him to the afterlife.

"COME WITH ME YUE!" he yelled.

Wen Yue fell into shock as he rushed to her. Quickly, she tried to get away but her legs wouldn't move.

They were frozen with fear.

Fei Yang's expression turned dark as he expected the worse. His heart truly dropped knowing he wouldn't make it in time to protect her, the magnificent jewel that parallels the red camellia.

His sword grazing her chest, Wen Xin suddenly stumbled back as three arrows pierced his chest. Blood spilled from his mouth as he groaned painfully with brows pressing together.

Wen Yue witnessing the whole scene remained in shock as she saw her brother fall to the ground, hand clenching his chest.

Slowly, her eyes trailed to him whose breaths remained heavy as he tried to gasp for air.

Fei Yang looked to the one responsible meeting eyes with Jianyu, his right-hand man. He was the same person who saved Wen Ling from an archer.

Quickly, they rushed to Wen Yue's side as Fei Yang walked to Wen Xin and came down to one knee.

Wen Ling helped his sister to stand seeing how she was frozen stiff with fear, and the General asking for her condition.

Wen Xin looked to Fei Yang as blood stained his lips and streamed down the sides.

Faintly, the 4th prince muttered something to him. It felt like time stopped as those words left his mouth. They left a mark on the Jin prince whose expression turned sorrow, feeling remorse for his death.

This day, the world went silent.

As days turned into weeks, so did the palace as it shifted a new direction.

The palace has been cleansed of the unfortunate events from that day. Those who've met their ends, were laid to rest.

However, the ones who've led the rebellion, were to never be able to be at peace with the ones they cherished, but somewhere which others couldn't ever visit.

That day, was also the day Wen Yue believed those who come her way would do the same.

As she sat alone in her bedroom chambers, her body remained still as her eyes shook. They were filled with great sorrow.

She grieved for everyone she ever loved. Those that passed including ones of the present.
.
.
.