Chapter 54

"Will you see us another day?" asked Princess Wen Zhilan while her brother, Prince Wen Shan stood to the side quietly.

Fei Yang gave a look of debate, "Maybe," was all he could say.

The king's hand came behind his fraternal twins as he knelt down. "Why don't you two go play while father takes him around the palace?" he suggested instead.

"Sure," spoke the young princess.

King Wen Ling looked to his son, "Protect your sister." a role given to him.

The little prince was not much of a talker, simply nodding his head, "Let's go Zhilan." as he then took his sister's hand, going along their way.

The two ran off to their own adventure, reminding the king of his childhood where nothing horrible had yet to touch him or his siblings.

"Why don't you three accompany them?" Fei Yang asked the trio.

Huang and Han couldn't say a word except for mumbles. That is, until one decided to make the draw.

"Of course, Your Highness." bowed Jianyu.

Han gave a displeased looked while Huang's expression seemed to fall into despair.

Fei Yang gave a soft laugh at their reactions.

Jianyu, like the mother he is, began pushing them to follow the young royals. "Come on, let's go. I've already agreed since you two couldn't speak." the bitter truth.

King Wen Ling sighed to himself, "Let's get going shall we." ushering him along.

The 4th prince chuckled, "Of course, Your Majesty."

This caused a frown to form upon his lips, "Prince Fei Yang, I've told you before. Please just call me by my name." it was strange to him having his in-law address him by such a title.

"I will one day," was all he said bringing forth another sigh from the king.

Walking along this familiar path, a palace came into view. The 4th prince looked, inspecting this place to be something he knew about.

"Does this palace ring a bell?" asked the king whose steps had already come to a halt along with the prince.

Fei Yang didn't say anything at that, but instead walked with light steps to a certain area. Reaching it, he stood before it with a solemn expression.

It was a wall he was standing in front of.

His hand went forward, touching the barrier. This caused the king to raise a brow. "Is something wrong?"

The prince turned glum, "I think I've been here before......."

"Of course you have. You came down to help us." he didn't know of the young man's secret visits with his sister. This caused him to just assume he had passed by here.

Prince Fei Yang shook his head, "No.....its like I was leaning against this wall, listening to a song." it was then it hit him.

"Was this Princess Wen Yue's palace?!" he questioned to which the king nodded.

His answer filled the prince's eyes with realization, "I think I used to come here to hear her play."

There, he would come to her every now and then, lean against the wall, and listen to her play that was filled with woe and beauty like none another.