Chapter 47

The 4th prince was writing up reports as he usually would in his study of the military quarters. Over these past months, there has been no conflict. Ever since the defeat of the Sha prince, Shan Yun, no other kingdom dared to try and disturb the borders.

Another, was whenever he thought about the time he was there, although he didn't have any memory of it, felt lonely. Deep down, he felt horrible about something, or rather regret.

That day he also awakened, there by his side was also a red camellia hairpin.

Honestly, he found it strange that there was an ornament beside him since he never carried such a thing before. However, every time he saw that item, he was overcome by great sorrow. It were as though he had been shot to the chest by an arrow.

That piece seemed to carry his lost memories and she was apart of it.

His hand stopped writing and began tapping the table with the other end of his brush without the bristles. He fell into deep thought once more like always.

Wen, was the surname of the Wei Kingdom, meaning he may have gone there for some type of task to do as told by his father, the king. One thing though, was how did he end up marrying their 7th princess, Wen Yue?

He had done his homework on who she was exactly, but still did not know much about her. What he did know were the words spread throughout the Four Kingdoms.

She was unparalleled in beauty, a gentle heart, loved like none other, and although distant at times, cared more than one could ever imagine. Not only that, she was gifted with the talent of playing the guqin. The way she plucked at the strings made a melody filled with wonder.

The prince sighed.

"How could one be so lovely...so amazing!"

Fei Yang seemed to admire her.

He then put everything down, and left to the outside to clear his mind.

Stepping out, the first thing he noticed was the cold weather. Exhaling, he could see his breath and chuckled to himself.

Looking around, men were still about doing their own training and others at their assigned stations.

Solemn eyes casted to the ground, he couldn't help but feel himself fall into a state of nostalgia. It was clear that he was missing something, but didn't know.

He couldn't remember anything.

In the distance, he noticed from the corner of his eye a woman running towards him. Taking a closer look, he saw it to be her, Princess Wen Yue.

His expression seemed to lighten up at the sight of her.

Reaching him, her breaths were heavy and face red from the harsh winds that hit her. He didn't know why but his chest tightened.

That look she held on her face was so distraught.

He came towards her, worried, "What's the matter?"

Without another second, she took him into an embrace. A frown formed on her lips as sobs escaped.

He felt confused, not knowing what to do as the situation was unclear.

However, as her lips opened to tell the truth of grief it was there his world seemed to stop.

All felt lost.

Imperial Concubine Ting Mei laid there, alone in distress that her adoptive son would soon be on his way. Just with that in mind, it was there that a person barged in without warning at her doors.

Looking to the source, she met eyes with that same person that was just on her mind. The feeling that he will loose his mother once more hit her harder she could ever imagine.

"Mother......" the expression he held was too painful.

The woman's brows pressed together and lips curling downwards as tears began to fill her vision.

Rushing towards her, Fei Yang took his mother into his arms. The moment he got her, he didn't want to let go. If he did, that meant that she indeed would be going away forever.

"Yang," she called him.

He didn't say a word, but she knew he was listening.

"She's outside isn't she?" speaking of Wen Yue.

The prince slowly nodded his head.

"You can hear my heart beat right?....." her voice weak. "It's become very slow." Her time was coming short.

Sniffles could be heard coming from the 4th prince.

Imperial Concubine Ting Mei wrapped her arms around him, "I need you to promise me something alright?"

Seeing this to be her wish, he nodded his head once more.

"Please....." she began, "I need you to remember her....remember the woman that you fell in love with." almost begging.

With those words, he peered to look at her.

"Yue is now the one waiting for you." she sobbed dreadfully. "You can't keep her waiting." voice breaking.

It were as though she had experienced the pain of waiting before.

Just hearing her, he seemed to fall apart, but even more at the fact that she was telling him of something he didn't hold.

A deep breath, he tried to calm his sorrow. "I don't know....." a tear slipped.

"Why is it that the ones you love most, have to disappear or leave?" referring to his lost memories and the absence of his loved ones.

His head came down, "I can't loose you mother......I've already lost you before." he cried. "And Princess Wen Yue, whenever I see her I am overcome with mixed emotions. I am sad yet happy at the sight of her, who is not within my reach."

"How can I dare hold someone, who is amongst the heavens?" putting her to be divine and unworldly.

Her hand cupped his warm cheeks, "Because she is your magnificent jewel who parallels the red camellia." eyes soft. "Your dear one is never less than another." telling that she is not his dearest but instead the princess.

More crystal droplets spilled, "Mother......" he sounded like a fawn asking his mother to not go.

"I will always be with you." she smiled.

He stayed by her side for a while. The princess, although cold, stood outside to give them their space.

And like the passage of time, the hand that once held his no longer had the strength to. Woeful cries were heard and the sound of a door sliding open and shut came.

There by his side, was a woman to give him a shoulder to lean on, and a heart to share.

As her arms wrapped around him, he could feel the bridge between the moon and the sun connecting.

Their last stand.
.
.
.