Chapter 36

This early morning, cries flooded the grounds of the Silver Palace, where the Crown Prince and Crown Princess reside.

Servants ran about gathering new blankets as the ones before have become stained with blood.

Rushing into the room, was Crown Prince Fei Huan the moment he heard those cries. The doors swung open and there he was met with Crown Princess Wu Xiang holding their newborn child.

Her face was flushed red and eyes about to shut from the tiring delivery process. Heavy breaths were also heard throughout the room as the servants left to give space to the inherit pair.

Once those doors shut, he came forward to his wife and held her.

"You did great Wu Xiang." his eyes dear.

The woman cried the moment those words came to her ears and held their child tighter, a prince.

His name, is Fei Zian.

Just a few weeks later, a grand celebration was held for the birth of a prince, son of the Crown Prince and the Crown Princess.

Great nobles from far and wide came to grant wellness to the new member. Being a prince that was born, meant prosperity to the crown line.

This event was a blessing to the nation.

As Fei Yang and Wen Yue left together to give their blessings, they shared smiles and laughs with linked arms.

Every noble that saw them, couldn't help but to think what an exquisite pair they were.

A prince blessed with the heavenly looks that ran in the royal blood, and the princess of the Wei Kingdom whose beauty remained unparalleled throughout the Four Kingdoms.

Envy, was what it seemed to be by those who watched and admiration by the few.

Reaching the area where the Crown Prince and the Crown Princess sat with their child, the two gave a light bow.

"Greetings, Huan," the prince said to his brother then the Crown Princess.

Fei Yang didn't even spare a glance at the woman simply looking elsewhere as he did so.

Wen Yue also greeted the pair with respect, not letting any ill feelings make her act differently towards either of them.

Fei Huan pulled his younger brother to the side, talking about political affairs along with something that's been stirring up these past days.

This left the two women in silence as Wu Xiang held her son, Fei Zian.

The princess turned to the side not daring to meet eyes with her. However, that was short lived as one had to say something eventually.

"Princess Wen Yue," called the Crown Princess.

She seemed to tense up hearing her voice but turned her way, "Yes, Your Highness?" her eyes did not meet hers.

Wu Xiang frowned with guilt and looked to see the two men who were quite a distance from them.

"I want to apologize." the woman spoke with sincerity.

Wen Yue's brows jerked and expression overcome by surprise. She didn't know how to respond really, keeping her silence.

"I know what I did hurt you greatly and I take responsibility for it. You may do the same to me to make it equal," lowering her head towards the younger woman from where she sat, and putting aside her pride.

Still, her gaze did not meet hers.

"I let my feelings get the best of me all because I was filled with jealously. I was in a way furious that of any maiden, he choose you who looked ordinary beyond the beauty you possessed. I truly believed he only sought you because of your face and status, nothing else. But after everything, I found the answer to my question that I kept asking so much." she paused for a moment.