8

That's when it hit me. The girl I had been seeing on campus was her.

"Quit staring. Don't be rude" Mama whispered as she pinched me under the table

I cleared my throat

"Mr. Daniel, it's nice too see you again" I said shaking his hand firmly.

I looked over at Christina and she was already looking at me but she had this look on her face like she was mad or something.

"Hey" I said with slight smile. I wanted to give her a hug but the look on her face was telling me to stay put

"Sir, it's been a while" Ralphy said shaking Mr. Daniels

Ralphy went to give Christina a hug and her mood suddenly changed she smiled and gave him a hug.

Why she give that nigga a hug

"Ralphy it's been so long, how have you been?" Christina said

"Good good, what about you? You look good" he commented

I can't believe their flirty in front of everybody like this

I felt something pull on my shirt and I look down to a sleepy Isaiah so I pick him up and he rest his head on my shoulder. I look at Christina and she's looking at me with this look that I couldn't  figure out

Mama starts putting the food on the table while everyone gets situated. Once the food was served we held hands and prayed. I couldn't help but look at how Ralphy and her sat together and had to hold hands.

I had Isaiah on my chest cause he was still tired as I began eating.

"How school going?" Mr. Daniel said

"School been good we are at USC right now" I replied

"Impressive, so is Christina" he commented "do you guys see each other around campus?" He asked

"No" Christina said not missing a beat

"Well now that you guys know I'm sure you'll hang out, like old times" my mother said

We were all eating and talking and laughing here and there. It did feel like old times except Christina wouldn't look at me like at all. Every Time I looked or even glanced in that direction she would make it a point to talk to Ralphy.

Isaiah woke up and went over to mom to help him eat. I looked at my phone and seen I had a message from Kam so I texted her back.

I didn't expect christina to act like this towards me. I thought we were closer then this. I thought we were friends. But fuck it if this is how she wanted to act then that was fine by me.

The rest of the night I just ignored her presence and talked to everyone else. After dinner the adults plus Isaiah went outside and that left me Ralphy and Christina in the dinning room. We moved to the living room and I turned on the tv to football.

I just sat back on the couch watching the game.

Christina's POV

I was so nervous for tonight's dinner. Dad told me about connecting with Mr. And Mrs. Barnes and that we'd be going over there for dinner.

When we walked in I made it a point to walk in slowly. I didn't know what to expect. I was immediately grabbed into a big hug

"You've gotten so big" Mr. Barnes said letting me go
I smiled at him. Their home was nice and big and open, it was beautiful  We continued into what I assume was the dinning room.

We stepped in and Dad went and said hi to Mrs. Barnes

"Hey sweet girl, remember me" Mrs. Wilson said

"Of course" I said giving her a hug

"Gorgeous, you look just like your mom" Mrs.Barnes said pulling me into a hug. I rested my head and wrapped my arms around her in a long hug. Her hug reminded me of a mother's hug and I hadn't had one in a long time.

"Sorry" I said almost crying but I wouldn't let the tears come

"Don't be dear" she said smiling at me. Mrs. Barnes always gave me this look like she knew more than everybody else in the room.

I heard Andy talking to my dad. He looked the same but different. He was taller and had more muscles. He had nice broad shoulders, full lips, those nice hazel eyes, and — what am I doing. I mentally faced palm myself. The boy in front looked so different from the young boy I once knew.

We used to be close until something changed, he started being mean to me and I never understood why. I thought we were close. I thought he cared.

He looked over at me and it looked like he was mentally battling in his head on what to do and then he said hey. That's it hey. After all these years he just says hey. I played this moment so many times in my head and not once did I imagine it going like this.

I just smiled back and then Ralphy came over and gave me a hug

"Ralphy it's been so long, how have you been?" I said

"Good good, what about you? You look good" he commented

"I'm doing good and you don't look too bad yourself, your tall as hell" I said with a slight chuckle

He smiled at me

I saw a little boy and he went right over to Andy and Andy picked him up

Andy has a son? That actually doesn't surprise me

I was looking at him and then he looked at me so I looked away.

Mrs. Barnes started putting the food on the table so I helped her get everything down. We sat down and prayed before eating. I was enjoy the food, Mrs. Barnes always knew how to cook.

"How school going?" My dad asked

"Schools been good we are at USC right now"  Andy replied

I chocked on my food a little bit. So I drank some of the water I had.

"Impressive, so is Christina" he commented "do you guys see each other around campus?" He asked

"No" I said awkwardly fast. I just looked down and picked at my food.

"Well now that you guys know I'm sure you'll hang out, like old times" Mrs. Barnes said

I could see Andy staring at me from time to time but I didn't trust myself enough to look so I just caught up with Ralphy.

After dinner the adults and the little boy went outside while the rest of us went to the living room. Ever since Andy got that text at dinner he has not looked at me. He's been acting like I was invisible and that bothered the hell out of me.

He sat on the couch just watching some stupid football game.
~