36

Christina's POV

I sat in one of the cafe's on campus waiting for my partner to show up. We had a presentation that needed to be done and I wanted to get it out of the way. I also thought it'd be a good idea to distract my self. I was still heartbroken with everything that happened but I refuse to wallow in that pain. Id rather not think about it, homework seemed like a good distraction.

"Hey "

"Hey"

"Did you read the article already?"

"Yea I made some notes. I thought we could talk about it, to make sure we are on the same page."

"Sounds like a plan."

Mike was a tall white guy who asked to be my partner. I said yes because I didn't really know any one else in the class.

He pulled out his materials and we began discussing ideas for the project. "Are you going to the basketball game tomorrow?" He asked randomly

I hadn't decided if I wanted to go. I know Kam would want me there but she understood why I didn't want to be there. "I don't know" I said honestly

"Well you should go. It would be nice seeing a friendly face" he smiled at me

"Maybe"

"Well if you don't go to the game you at least have to come to the after parties. We always know how to have a good time."

"Mhmm.. I'll think about" He finally dropped the topic going back to work. 10 minutes later, he was engrossed on his phone. I let him be continuing my work. After a while it got annoying, he was laughing  at something on his phone.

"Are we going to get back to work?" I asked slightly annoyed

"Oh yeah, my bad I just have this funny ass video from my trip to LSU. Here look" I glanced over at his phone hoping we could get work done after this. I glanced at his phone immediately seeing a familiar figure. It was Andy and some girl was dragging him to a chair before a girl straddled his lap. I was invested at this point. I didn't know what was gonna happen next. My heart sunk when I saw them kiss. I remember when he left for that trip a while back. He cheated on me. I calculated the time of the video and realized he did this right before we had sex. He only wanted to sleep with me. I grabbed my stuff putting it away.

"Sorry, something came up I have to go." Before he could respond I made my way to the bus stop waiting for my bus. I was trying to hold it together til I made it to my house.  I checked my phone seeing it was dead. It was becoming harder to keep the tears at bay as I sat with my thoughts waiting for the bus.

A tear slipped and I quickly wiped it as the bus came. It took 15 minutes till I finally got to my apartment. I walked in and broke down. I have never felt so betrayed. I was sobbing uncontrollably on the floor. "Babe, what's wrong?"

"H-he cheated on me"

"What!" She exclaimed "What happened?"

"I saw it with my on eyes" I began to sob louder

Andrew's POV

I sat with my head in my hands in the hospital waiting on news about my uncle. My dad was emotional and I've only seen him like that a few times including the day Isaiah was born. Mom was doing her best to support him but she was as big as a house. She was overdue and the baby should be coming any day now.

I had so much going on, I was becoming overwhelmed. I walked outside to get some fresh air. I looked up at the sky as rain began to pour. I closed my eyes letting a few tears of my own fall as I stood there in the rain.

"Dru" I heard someone call out

I looked toward the voice to see Ralphy walking up to me.

"Let's get you inside" he said putting an arm around me as we walked back into the hospital. We sat at a table near the front of the hospital. "How is he?" He asked. I shrugged

I didn't know how my uncle was doing. The doctors didn't tell us anything other than he had to get immediate surgery. Apparently, he had gotten into a car accident and the other driver was drunk.

"How are you feeling?" He asked next. I was looking down into my lap. I didn't feel like talking about this. I was close with my uncle, he always believed in my dream to be a pro basketball player. He's one of the reason I started playing in the first place.

"I talked to coach already and he understands you missing-"

"I'll be there" I interrupted

"You don't have to be there, we can actually win without you, you know"

I tried to fight the small smile that threatened to grace my face. "I know but he would of wanted me to play" I said finally looking up at him

He reached his hand over the table. I reluctantly reached my hand out as we begun to do our handshake. I smiled a genuine smile for the first time in the past 24 hours.

"Guess what?" Ralphy stated excitedly

"Kam's pregnant too"

"What!" He exclaimed laughing until realization took over his face. "Wait too, Christina's pregnant?" He asked in disbelief

I shook my head before taking a breath. "Nah, Aysia is" His eyebrows raised to his almost none existent hairline.

"Nigga is you for real?" He asked bewildered

I nodded

"When this happen? Are you sure it's yours? Does Christina know? Is that why y'all broke up? Are you  ready to be a dad? Shit, did you ask her to get an abortion? What are you going to do?" He rambled

"Nigga"

"Sorry I'm just surprised"

"And you don't think I'm not. I don't know what the hell I'm doing right now. Everything is happening at once and it's just too much." I said shaking my head

"One thing at a time, bro. I'm here for you, you know that. We family, whatever you going through I'm going through, you feel me?" He said

"I appreciate it. But what were you going to tell me."

"Oh I'm entering into the draft. I'm announcing it after the game tomorrow" he said nonchalantly.

"Bro that's tight. I'm happy for you man. You should be excited right now, this is huge" I smiled genuinely happy for him

He smiled. "Thanks man I am but I'm also nervous"

We talked for a few more minutes before we joined our family in the waiting room. "Hey nephews" uncle coop said walking up to us giving us a giant hug. With uncle Kane in surgery, it brought us all closer together. We were grateful to have each other and we didn't want that to go unknown. So we held each other just a little bit tighter and a little bit longer during these hard times.

"Family of Kane Barnes" A doctor spoke coming into the waiting room. We all immediately stood up, walking towards the doctor. "Family?" He asked. We all nodded awaiting for the doctors response. "Due to the severity of the wounds, we were unable stop most of the bleeding. I'm sorry for your loss"

~