37

Christina's POV

*knock knock*

We sat on my bed eating ice cream as we rewatched Grey's anatomy. Kam got up to answer the door while I sat continuing watching the show stuffing cookie dough in my face. Kam came back in minutes later with Ralphy trailing behind her.

"Hey boo, Ralphy stopped by to check on you and he has some things to tell you. Before you get mad just hear him out."

"If it's about Andy, I don't want to hear about it. I'll be fine." I said not taking my eyes away from the TV

"Christina" Kam said. Just by her tone I could tell it was something serious. I wanted to cry all over again but instead I put my ice cream away heading into the kitchen so we could talk.

I sat at the table as Ralphy and Kam took a seat. "First I would just like to say Dru can be an idiot sometimes." I nodded my head agreeing with his statement. "But he didn't cheat on you"

"Yes the Fuck he did" I slammed my hand on the table as I rose from my seat, anger evident in my tone. I cleared my throat sitting back down crossing my arms coolly.

"He wouldn't dare even look at another girl. Whatever you saw was taken out of context."

"Enough and I'm over this conversation."

"He loves you. Chrissy look at me." I had my head turned as tears threatened to come down

I took a deep breath looking at him. "If he loved me then why isn't he here? Huh? Where the fuck is he?" I asked voiced raised, the tears fell freely as my chest heaved up and down.

"Uncle Kane passed away today.-"

"Where is he?" I interrupted. As soon as I heard about his uncle my heart-ached for him. I knew how much his uncle meant to him. He must of been devastated and they had the biggest game of his career today. I was worried about him more than anything else right now. No matter how much I tried to hate him I couldn't.

"He's already at the gym"

"Can you take me to him?" He nodded his head leading the way.

We arrived at the gym 10 minutes later. Before the car completely stopped I opened the door heading to the gym. I could hear the sound of a ball bouncing as it echoed through the halls. I walked in the doors leading to the stadium to see Andy. He was running drills with sweat coming down his face. He looked tired. He didn't even notice me as I stood by the door watching him. He was so concentrated, his eyebrows furrowed together as he did post moves even though he was a guard.

"Andy" I said gently. He looked up and froze seeing me. I walked to him as he just started at me. The ball slipped from his hands rolling off. I didn't care that he was sweaty as I brought his head down to my shoulder. He grabbed me holding on to my sweatshirt as he cried. I rocked back and forth trying to control my own tears that threatened to fall. We stayed like that for a while, me holding him as he cried in my chest. I heard him begin to sniffle before he backed up looking at me with his tear stained face.

"Baby, I'm so sorry. I know how much he meant to you. Sometimes God calls his angels to come home early. Just know he was so proud of you. Look at where you are. This is what he envisioned for you. And I know no matter how today goes, he'd want you to be happy and continuing doing the things that you love." I said as I let a tear fall. He placed his hands on either side of my face using his thumb to wipe the tears that fell.

I missed being in his arms so much. I missed him. I wanted to see that smile that I loved so much. He looked so hurt and confused. And I hated it.

"I love you" I said looking into his eyes. He stared at me unmoving as he caresses my cheeks. He took a deep breath before a tear fell. He smiled at me bringing me into his arms as he held me. It felt like goodbye.

He pulled apart placing his forehead on mine. "There's something I need to tell you."

~
Andrew's POV

"Standing at 6'4, shooting guard Andrew Barnes"

The crowd went wild. It was a full house and a lot of cameras. This game was being broadcasted on ESPN. I jogged through my teammates, doing a special handshake with Marcus. I went over and shook the hand of the coach of the opposing team before joining my team. We huddled up as first half was about to begin.

"Ok ladies, this is our house. Let's show them who the fuck we are! USC on three. 1..2..USC"

We set up getting ready for tip off. I stood in the middle, closing my eyes sending a quick prayer to my uncle and God. Before I got ready to play in the game. B Mack stood in the middle as the referee walked toward him before throwing the ball in the air. B Mack won the tip off, tipping it to X. X dribbled it down the court setting up a play. He passed it to me before I shot it making a three.

The game was neck and neck for the whole first half. We were playing our game well but so was the other team. I was tired as hell. I was playing a good game but it wasn't my best.

"Marcus you're going on for Barnes" Coach said

"What? Why!" I said standing up

"Cause I said so, now sit down" he motioned

I took a few breathes trying to calm myself down but it was not working.

"Team hustle up, we have a game to win" Coach said heading back on to the floor

I stayed back breathing in and out. "Fuck" I yelled kicking over a bench.

I sat on the floor thinking about the past 24 hours. Wallowing in the pain I felt. I couldn't stop my mind from going to a dark place. I thought about Christina's and the look in her eyes when I told her about the baby and then I thought about what she said. This was my moment and I was blowing it. This is it. I got off the floor wiping my face before heading out to the bench.

The second half started and we were down by 10. I ran to my coach. "I'm sorry coach. I needed some time but I'm ready now."

"Sit down"

"Coach. This is our time. This is my time. I know we can do this coach. Please, give me a chance."

"Go in for Marcus" I ran pasted him before I could get to the scoreboard to check in. He grabbed my T-shirt pulling me to be face to face with him. "All that anger you have, use it on them." He said motioning to the court I nodded before he let me go.

"Champions baby!" Marcus yelled as he jumped on top off me. I had just hit the winning three winning us the championship. I stood there as every emotion left my body. I felt numb, this didn't even feel real. I felt selfish for being here and dragging my family here after the loss of someone so important.

A reporter came up to us as Ralphy and I hugged each other. "We did it man" he whispered

"We did it" I whispered back

We pulled apart as a reporter came up to us. We had arms around each others shoulder as we smiled at everyone around. "So what's next for you two?" The reporter asked

"I'm entering the draft" Ralphy cheesed

"We're entering the draft" I said as I shook his shoulders

~