38

2 years and 364 days later

"Babe. What's taking you so long?"

"I'm sorry, you know my followers love to see what we're doing." She said as she spoke into her camera.

I rolled my eyes unlocking the front door. I pulled out my car keys to my Lamborghini truck hopping in the drivers seat. We were late to a gala for charity that I was told to attend by my publicist.

She finally came out, getting into the car. "You didn't want to hire a driver?" She asked

 "You didn't want to hire a driver?" She asked

(Jasmine aka Saweetie)

"You know I don't like people driving me around" she rolled her eyes at that as she took out her phone taking selfies. 

I drove to the place getting out of the car. As soon as I pulled up security swarmed the car. My publicist was the first to greet me.

(Publicist aka Raven aka Kehlani )

"Dru, glad you could finally join us" she said coming up to me. She fixed my tie as she gave me the run down of the event.

"Be lucky I'm even here in the first place" I didn't have a problem coming to events like these, sometimes I just wanted days were I could rest. If I wasn't playing basketball I'd be going to events like these.

"You're the number one athlete in the world right now. You have a duty to your fans."

"Yeah, well I also have a duty to myself"

"Well your just gonna have to wait" she said as she licked her finger rubbing something off my face.

"Baby" I heard jasmine call

"Mhmm"

"Are we going in or what?" She asked with an attitude

"Yeah we going in right now"

"Ok follow me" Raven said as she led the way. I walked beside Jasmine  with one hand at the small of her back as I led her inside.

The things were pretty much the same, ever time. I would mingle, then we'd eat, I'd make a speech, mingle again, and then be on the way home. After I finished talking with the board for this charitable event, we walked back to the car.