15

Isaiah's party

Ralphy and I were driving home for isaiah's party. It was Saturday and his party was already in full swing.

When we got there, we could hear the music playing in the backyard as well as children yelling and laughing.

I parked in my usual spot in the drive way. I adjusted my jeans as I got out of the car. I wore a black and red snapback with a black tee and dark washed jeans. I completed the look with my bred 11s.

We grabbed the gifts out the car before heading inside. I heard shuffling in the kitchen. I set my gift by the door before heading into the kitchen.

Mom was standing over the stove picking at whatever she was making. As if sensing I was behind her she turned around with a big smile. Bringing her arms wide as I slipped in to her embrace

"How's my baby doing?" She asked as we pulled away. She grabbed my cheek, noticing Ralphy behind me she motioned for him to her as she hugged him.

"I'm doing good ma. How are you and my baby sister doing?" I asked as I placed a hand on her now protruding stomach.

"We're fine. She's been a real brat these past few weeks though. Kicking up a storm in there. Isn't that right my little princess?" She cooed while rubbing her hand lovingly over her stomach

"How are you Ralphy?" Ma asked

"I'm doing swell, how about your self?" Ralphy said smiling.

"I'm good. Your moms outside sweetie. She's been asking for you"

With that Ralphy went to join the party.

"So what's the tea? Ma asked grabbing a paper plate and pouring chips onto it.

I laughed. Mom was always finding out about new slang that we were using. "Ain't no tea ma"

"is not. Ain't... ain't a word" she busted out laughing thinking her joke was really that funny. She was holding her stomach as she laughed. Tears were starting to build up in her eyes from her laughing.

I just stood there shaking my head at her.

She finally calmed herself down before we headed to the backyard.

(The backyard)

There were a bunch of random children running around.  Dad was at the grill cooking and talking it up with friends and family. I went to put my gift with the other gifts before looking for Isaiah. He wasn't expecting me to come so I was excited to see his reaction.

I watched as him and a little girl ran jumping into the pool. He was having a lot of fun. He still hadn't spotted me as I may my way over to were the speaker were grabbing the mic.