you're welcome

Third Person View

"Jesus, Blair. You can't just be bursting in here."
"Shit! Sorry." She said with a happy smile but nonetheless walked in.
Taehyung blushed a pretty pink, the color painting his cheeks and nose as he stood up and got off the desk. He leaned down to pick up the fallen items when Jungkook pulled at his wrist.
"Hey, worry about that later, yea?"
Taehyung nodded and stood beside Jungkook, who then stood in front of him.

"Why are you here?" He asked coldly. Taehyung looked up at him then at Blair with pity as the female just smiled despite her son's behavior towards her.
"Your father wanted me to remind you of the family reunion this Saturday."
"I haven't forgotten about it. Why couldn't you just text me?"
Blair frowned. "Just wanted to see my son."
Jungkook scoffed. "You saw me, you can leave now."

Taehyung frowned as he tugged on Jungkook's sleeve. Jungkook looked at him as Taehyung glared at him with pointed eyes, head inconspicuously nodding towards Blair.
"No." Jungkook mumbled as Taehyung pouted at him.
"Mrs.Jeon, Jungkook and I were going to go out for lunch. You're invited to join us."
Jungkook glared at him, which Taehyung ignored.
"I don't mean to intrude, unless if it's alright with Jungkook." She looked at her son, no words were shared but her eyes begged him to let her come.
"Whatever." Jungkook muttered, grabbing his coat and leaving his office.
Taehyung smiled at Blair who squealed, hooking her arm with Taehyung's as they followed Jungkook to the garage.

Taehyung sat in the front seat, slightly regretting his decision seeing how angry Jungkook looked. Knuckles tight on the steering wheel, eyebrows furrowed and eyes intense on the road in front of him.
He ignored his behavior and started conversing with Blair about the family reunion.

The three later arrived at a nice restaurant, not too fancy but not fast food either.
Taehyung sat beside Jungkook in the felt and leather seated booths.
"Fix your face, Jungkook." Taehyung muttered, low as possible.
"How can I?" Jungkook retorted.
Taehyung ignored him and opened the menu, looking up at Blair who had a wide smile on her face while skimming the menu.

They ordered their food as an awkward silence engulfed them.
"So... am I invited to the reunion?"
"Of course you are, Taehyung. You're family now."
Jungkook scoffed. "Do you even know what 'family' means?"
"Huh?"
"Because I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean abandonment or negligence."
"Jungkook." Taehyung warned, voice laced with irritation.

"Jungkook—"
The aforementioned froze as his mother reached over to take his hands into her own. Her soft frail hands enveloped his calloused ones.
"I'm— I'm sorry, okay? I know I have been a—horrible mother to you. A-and I guess I was trying too hard to please your father and for him to reciprocate my feelings...that I forgot about your own feelings. I'm also...sorry about Madeline."

Jungkook suddenly got up, catching the attention of a few people neighboring them. He huffed before stomping out.
Blair bit her lip before getting up to run after her son.

Taehyung sat in shock as the waiter brought their food.
"I apologize but can I have these to go? And bring the bill."

-

"Jungkook!" Blair tried her best to catch up, finally getting a grip on her son's sleeve.
"What do you want me to say? What do you want me to do?"
"I want you to be my mother." He snapped, turning to look at her, tears threatening to escape his cheeks.

"I try my best t-to consider myself lucky, knowing that other people don't have their mothers anymore, some never even met them! B-but it feels that way even though y-you stand right in front of me."

"You never stood up for me. You never cared for my feelings. You didn't even bother asking if I wanted to become CEO. You pushed the seventeen year old me, fresh from high school into a chaotic world that I clearly wasn't ready for. And even then, I had to figure it out myself."

"And during those times, I had only one p-person with me. And you forced me to remove her from my life so that s-she wouldn't get hurt. You never considered anything but yourself, and I had to pay the price for that. You never loved me."

"I d-do love you, Jungkook."
"But you never bothered to show it."
Blair gulped, tears streaming down her face. Jungkook had a hard time mainting his composure but he did, because when he cried, she did it so effortlessly.

"Jungkook, please, I want you to be a part o-of your life. Not as Blair or your co-business partner but as your m-mother. I wasn't doing my job at the times you needed me the most. I'm really sorry. B-but please, let me be here now."

"Forgive me." She sobbed in his jacket, gripping the opening flaps for dear life. "P-please. I'm sorry." She begged as she cried into her son's shirt.

Taehyung arrived at the scene, two plastic bags in his hand as he waited a distance wherein they wouldn't notice them.

Jungkook seemed stiff as he looked down at his mother, fists clenched as he felt a rain of tears on his shirt.

-

Jungkook and Taehyung dropped Blair off at the Jeon Residence. She was still crying during the ride and Taehyung didn't know how to comfort people and Jungkook was still tense.

She climbed out of the car, red, lips a bit swollen but she still managed to give Taehyung a broken smile.

Taehyung noticed their route wasn't towards the company building, guessing they were just going to head home.

"I know your mad at me—" He looked at Jungkook who was still glaring at the road.
"And you have every right to be. But—"

"My mother, Hyuna, she was young when she had me. She admitted to me when I was fourteen and we were fighting. I told her that she hated me and she came up to me and told me how I was a child from a one night stand and she only kept me for my father's financial benefits." Taehyung gulped.

"She apologized the next day but it seemed insincere. I knew it was. She had forgotten by birthday for 4 consecutive years. She had the nerve to get mad at me as a child because I would cry in her arms and I called one of the maids, 'mama'."

"Hell, she planned my damn wedding with a floral theme and I'm allergic to fucking flowers."

Taehyung glanced at Jungkook who's facials soften.
"What I'm trying to say is, I would've reacted the same way you have if m-my mother was to all of a suddenly apologize like she didn't do anything wrong. But you're lucky that you're mother even apologized or t-thought about you."
Taehyung had a stream of fresh tears on his face.

"So please don't be hard on Blair. She's trying. Some things she did may be unforgivable but time will let us heal, remember?"

Jungkook gulped, driving faster towards their home.

-

They made it to their destination but neither got out of the car.

"Be mad at me, Jungkook. I should've warned you, considering it was you who will be affected not—"
"Thank you."

Taehyung froze, looking at the raven whose gaze was focused out the windshield.
"I never—had a heart to heart talk with my mother like that before and it wouldn't have happened if you didn't invite her for lunch. So thank you."

Taehyung softly smiled as he leaned over and pecked Jungkook's cheek.
"You're welcome."