Burger King

.
.
.

Third Person View

One month later

"Taehyung,—"
"Yes?" Taehyung looked up and saw Jungkook by the bedroom door.
"U-uh. I brought home pizza. Would you like to join us?"
"No." Taehyung replied, looking down at his laptop.
"Did y-you eat?"
"No."
"Would you like me to order something else? I can g-go out,—"
"I don't want you,....to do anything."
"Oh. Okay. I w-will be downstairs."
Taehyung hummed and went back to his work.

Jungkook sighed before closing their bedroom door.
Taehyung has been distant with him for the last month, ever since the day they 'argued'. Even the blonde knew he was being distant, and even though the look of sadness would paint Jungkook's face when Taehyung gave him half-assed answers, Taehyung still didn't budge.

The day Jungkook apologized to him, everything was still the same. Taehyung just wanted to indirectly let him know that he may have forgiven him, but that doesn't mean he'll be crawling back like a damsel in distress. He was rather petty and childish but did he give a fuck? Not a single one.

After a while, Jungkook came back upstairs. He sat next to Taehyung in the bed who didn't even look up to him from his laptop.
"What are you doing?"
"I want to see if I can enroll in any universities around here."
"You want to go to college?" Jungkook asked, a bit surprised but he was actually glad Taehyung will have something to do while he's gone.

"You really want me out of the house that badly?" Taehyung teased but the question made Jungkook freeze, considering the look on Taehyung's face made it seem like he wasn't joking.

"W-What? No, I-I'm just glad you wouldn't have to be a-alone in the house all the time."

Taehyung half-heartedly hummed and looked back at the college applications he can enroll to near their home.

-
After a while, Jungkook came back upstairs.

"Taehyung,—"
Taehyung hummed again.
"Wanna have a little date tomorrow?"
"What for?"
"I d-don't have work tomorrow. And we haven't gone on one for so long."
"Hmm. I wonder why we haven't gone on one,—" Taehyung said with a smile but his eyes were rather unwelcoming.

Jungkook pursed his lips but continued.
"We can go wherever you want."
"Just you and I?"
"Yea! Anything you want."
"Who'll take care of your precious Maddie?"
"She can handle a night on her own."
"Whatever."  Taehyung blandly replied before laying in bed and going to bed.

For the past month, Jungkook had watched the joy in his lover's eyes slowly drain. It pained him that he did this to the one he loved the most but he didn't know what to do. He thought that maybe bringing him home chocolate and waking up extra early to cook breakfast for his husband would do the trick.

He just hoped that tomorrow would fix everything.

But who knows, maybe tomorrow will make it worse.

-

"Ready?"
Taehyung hummed as he looked down at his shoes.
Jungkook would compliment on how cute he looked in the beanie and scarf but he didn't want to push it. It was a bit chilly out since it was late in december.

Jungkook led him to the car, going to measures of even opening it for him before climbing into the drivers side.

"Where do you want to go, pumpkin?"
"I don't know." Taehyung shrugged as he looked out of the window.
"Well, we coukd go get something at Burger King. And maybe ice cream?" He remembered on their first date Taehyung didn't like fancy restaurants.
"Sure."

Jungkook was heart brokened but he reached out for Taehyung's hand, giving it a kiss on the back of it before driving to the nearest Burger King, hand still intertwined.

Jungkook decided to just go through the driven-thru. He got for burgers for them and a smoothie for Taehyung.

The two ate silently in the same parking lot they stopped at their first date.

Once finished with their meals, they say in silence until—

"I know I have been busy lately. I left my promises unfulfilled. And I'm trying Taehyung. But I don't know what you want from me. And, s-sometimes I think about,—l-letting you go. If that's what will make you happy. B-but please. I know if I do, I will regret it for the rest of my life."

"J-Just give me time, baby. Please."
Taehyung finally found the courage to look into his eyes. And his walls started to crumble.

The first time he looked into those eyes. They were void. A black hole that held no emotions, but he felt its gravity. The sinful pull towards the man who owns his heart till this day. But today, those eyes were crying.

Maybe not physically, but Taehyung could read them. Like an open book. He looked at Taehyung they way he looked at him when he found out about Maddie's supposed-abortion.
But this time, they were crying out to Taehyung.

"Just time, please? I-i know. I sound selfish. And if you're really unhappy, j-just tell me. I just want you happy but I'm lost, baby."

"We're all a bit selfish, Jungkook. That's what makes us human. I'm selfish, you're selfish, Maddie's selfish. So what's the difference, really?"
Taehyung looked back at the windshield to the empty parking lot infront of them.

"I'm sorry for being distant and cold. But it's the only expression I can project right now. This is what I feel. I feel blank. I know you're trying to do things all at one time. But, I don't know what I want Jungkook."
"Let us figure it out together. E-even if it's not me."

"Jungkook,—" Taehyung snapped his head to his husband as the teary eyed raven mustered up the courage to face him.

"I'll—I'll always want you, okay?"

"But I can't help but think that later in in life. You'll regret the decision of picking me. Later on in life, you'll look at me and then at your child. And maybe say 'I could've had more if I stayed with maddie'. Y-you could've had more children."

"I mean,—" Taehyung dryly chuckled before leaning over the center console to be face to face with him.
"Did you even know that it was my birthday today?"

——————————-

Does anyone know what happened to Staerrykookah's acc??
I'm so scared,,,a lot of taekook accs r getting deleted. Elahtae, staerrykookah and one of my favorite author's books got deleted, Accidently Yours.