Liberating

#1 in taekook....I kennnat

Third Person View

"Taehyung,—"
"I'm fine, Jungkook."
"It's the third time today. I really want to take you to the doctor. Better safe than sorry."
Taehyung looked up at Jungkook from the toilet bowl and nodded, flushing the toilet and getting up to brush his teeth.

Jungkook prepared clothes for him before getting dressed himself.

Taehyung lazily slipped off his shirt and put on the hoodie and sweats Jungkook prepared for him. Jungkook was packing him a small bag with tissues and some of the candy he bought for him.

"What about Maddie?"
"What about her?" Jungkook asked, tone rather harsh at the mention of the green eyed lady.
"W-when she comes here, what is she going to eat?"
"She'll manage, Taehyung."
Jungkook walked up to his spouse and held his cheeks.
"You look uneasy, Tae. What happened?"
"Just worried about her."
"How come?"

"She looks so broken, Koo. And it's b-because of me. I did that to her, Jungkook. I'm the same selfish brat you met a-and I take things. I took everything from her, Jungkook."

"Tae,—"

The two were silent for a while until Jungkook spoke up.

"Why,—......w-why are you saying this? A-are you unhappy w-with me?" Jungkook asked, trembling and stuttering. Taehyung instantly felt bad at the sound of Jungkook's frail voice.

"No, Kook. I couldn't be any happier than I am right now. But think about it, Koo. I take things while she gave you her all and you picked me without any difficulty. That i-isn't fair."

"Taehyung, if you're happy with me. That's all you should worry about."

"I can't, Jungkook! I can't be happy knowing the cause of my happiness is sorrow for another."

"I-i,— I don't want to be like that anymore. I don't want me happiness being the source of sadness for others. I don't want to fire maids for no reason anymore. I don't want to have one night stands with people I don't know and they end up breaking up with their loved ones because of me. I don't want to steal anymore, Jungkook."

"What do you want to do then?"

"I feel like I haven't properly earned your love, Jungkook. Let me earn it."
"You can't get what you already have."
"But....it's unfair for Maddie."

Jungkook chuckled dryly, clearly pissed or irritated. Maybe both.
"What the hell, Taehyung? We were fine just a couple minutes ago and now you feel bad for my ex? What do you want me to do, huh? Be with her again then leave you to sulk?"

"Jungkook,— She's been with you since day one. I just fucking waltz in here and snatched you away from her."

"Do you not understand my feelings for you, Taehyung? Not even a little?" Jungkook muttered, walking up to his husband.

"Are you doubting me, Taehyung?"

"Do I need to remind you of how much I love you?"

"Jungkook,—"
"Taehyung, you don't understand. I love you so much. I'm in love with you, Taehyung and it'll probably stay like that."
"I just,— feel bad for Maddie. What if,—"
Jungkook beckoned him to continue.

"You saw how she was Jungkook, barely eating, barely sleeping. The other day, I went downstairs to get water and she was crying, Kook." He mumbled, leaving the part where she tried to argue with him.

"I'm just afraid. She'll kill herself..."
Jungkook's shoulders untensed as he hugged his crying husband.

"Baby,— I still don't know how I can help.. I don't."
"A lot of ideas are running in my head and you're not going to like any of them. So I'm going to keep it to myself."
"Taehyung,— Do I make you happy?"
"Of course, I've never been happier."

"Don't sacrifice that, Taehyung. You deserve to be happy."

"So does Maddie."

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

The couple went to the hospital. The car ride was awkward and engulfed by silence. Jungkook was tensed, tight grip on the steering wheel and eyes piercing the road in front of him.
Taehyung was trying his best not to get car sick, which was easy as he let his mind linger to Maddie instead of the paining need to throw up.

Maybe he'll talk to her later when she comes back from university?

'I should start going to university, it's bored without Jungkook and it'll keep me busy......................... nah, I'm too lazy for that shit.'

When they arrived at the hospital, Taehyung went straight to the family doctor, getting looks from the people in the waiting room he so graciously passed by. He wanted to wait like everyone else but Jungkook's grip on his waist was inescapable.

Taehyung sat on a hospital bed with one sheet of parchment on top. Jungkook stood in the corner of the room.

The doctor came, greeting them both with a smile before asking Taehyung questions.

"When do you usually start to vomit?"
"Uhm... Either after a meal or out of the blue."
The doctor wrote something down on her clipboard.
"Do you experience stomach cramps or tightenings?"
"Yes. Maybe around my abdomen?"
"How often do you urinate and defecate?"
"Every two days, maybe?"
"Even urinating?"
Taehyung nodded.

She smiled at them both,—
"Food Poisoning.  It will pass eventually. Just stick to a routine and stay at home." She smiled at Jungkook and Taehyung.

"I told you it was nothing to worry about."
Taehyung muttered.
"Are you mad at me?"
Jungkook didn't reply.
"Jungkook,— Please. Answer me. What are you thinking?"

"Fine."
Taehyung sat back in his seat, crossing his arms.

——

He quickly got out of the car and saw Maddie on the couch.
He glanced at her before going into the kitchen.

Jungkook followed.
"Hello, Ju—"
Jungkook stormed pass her to the kitchen. The double doors of the kitchen were closed shut.
"What do you want me to do, Taehyung?"
"I don't want you to fight with me when there's someone else in the house."

"You were the one that brought it up."
"Well, I'm sorry for bringing it up but my head really hurts right now and I don't want to argue with you."
Jungkook scoffed before turning away and running back up the stairs.

Taehyung sighed as he heard their bedroom door slam harshly.
He walked out of the kitchen and saw Maddie looking confused.
"We just argued. That's all."
"Couples argue."
Taehyung nodded before walking over to her.

He sat down next to Maddie and sighed.
"If you ever need someone to talk to... I know I'm not very ideal, but I'm here. Jungkook cares too, you wouldn't be here if he didn't."
Maddie nodded, biting her lip as tears pooled in her eyes.

"Are you okay?"
She shook her head.
"P-please don't do anything you'll regret,—"
"Before...I w-wasn't regretting the choice. It felt so liberating to just..do it."

Taehyung's heart dropped.

"B-but I won't do that t-to us."
"Us?"

"P-please don't tell Jungkook. This is the o-only place I can go and I don't want him to be angry with me."

"I k-kept the baby."