I do too

Third Person View

*February 14*

Taehyung sat on one of the uncomfortable chairs of the waiting room. His leg jittered up and down as he waited and waited.

He could hear the distant screams of Maddie as he got nervous even more.
He was praying that there wasn't going to be any complications.

The labor lasted hours on end. He was tired, the weight of his eyelids began to build but he didn't want to sleep. Not at all.

Jungkook came out of the room Maddie was staying. As Taehyung immediately got up and approached him.

"How was it?"

"It went perfectly fine! And,—"
"And?"

"It's a girl. It's Violet."

Taehyung smiled at Jungkook who had the biggest and most precious smile plastered on his face.

"Mr.Jeon, the patient is asking for your presence. I can lead your brother to the nursery."
"Husband." Jungkook corrected as the nurse furrowed her eyebrows, utterly confused.

They look related! She said in her mind, feeling embarrassed.
"I apologize. I d-didn't realize."

"No worries." Taehyung mumbled as he left with the nurse, taking one last glance at Jungkook before turning the corner.

Maddie was in a new room. She was wearing a hospital gown. The doctors suggested for her to rest but like Taehyung, her eyes were begging for sleep but her mind said otherwise.

"Mads?"
Jungkook's walked further into the room and sat down next to the frail and exhausted girl. He softly reached for her hand.
"I'm sorry it's not a boy." She said softly.
"What do you mean? I would've been perfectly happy with either." Jungkook retaliated, hoping he didn't give any impression that he wouldn't be happy wih a girl.

"Happy enough to stay?"

"Maddie,—"
Jungkook paused as realization dawned upon him. Blinded by the words the two shared about their common dream of children form the past, he would've never suspected it.

"W-Why did you decide t-to cancel the abortion?"
"I told you. I wanted a,—"
"Don't lie, Madeline."
Maddie bit her lip and she looked away.

"You,— went through nine months a-and labor just so that,— Maddie, you weren't even sure what the outcome was going to be."
"B-but doesn't that show you how much I love you?"
"No. It shows me how selfish you are."
Jungkook snapped before looking down at Maddie.

"I understand your pain. But this is too far. Unacceptable. You'll have to learn how to accept reality, Maddie. Or should I say it to you directly?"

Maddie's eyes flowed of tears.

"I love Taehyung, Maddie. And I loved you. Past tense."
"Why?"
"We're not meant to be, Maddie. You'll find someone else. I promise."
Maddie looked down at her feet as she bit her lip, she shook in either anger or sadness.

"Get out." She muttered.
"Maddie,—"
"I said, Get.  Out."
Jungkook sighed before leaving the room.

He decided to go to his husband, seeing Taehyung by the window outside the nursery
"Do you know which one she is?"
"The nurse made me guess which. She's that little quiet baby over there."
Jungkook smiled and wrapped his arms around Taehyung.

"Did you speak with Maddie?"
"She's upset."
Taehyung nodded, knowing that didn't Jungkook didn't want to continue the conversation any further since his answer was brief.

"Is,—is Violet,—"
"Yes. She's mine. We took a paternity test."
Taehyung nodded before looking back.
"She looks like you."
"She does?"
Taehyung hummed. "Button nose, full cheeks."

"I want you to be her parent as well, Taehyung."
"I'll help you in the house with her. Of course, I will, Kook. And I'll love her the same way. But. I'm nineteen, Jungkook. I don't think I can."
"Maddie's just a year older than you."
"Still. I could barely take care of myself. Let alone a child."
"Maybe in the future."
Taehyung nodded as they stood in silence.

Maddie was to be discharged from the hospital soon. Jungkook arranged living quarters for her. A nice apartment a few miles away from their house. They have yet to talk about time arrangements with Violet but they'll figure it out.

"Do you want to stay out here or,—"
"I think its best if I do."
Jungkook nodded before kissing Taheyung, heading inside Maddie's hospital room she's been in for the past two weeks.

Taehyung leaned against the wall, looking down and counting how many polka dots were on the tiles.

"She,—she wants to speak with you."
Taehyung looked up and furrowed his brows in confusion. "Me?"
"Yea. She's asking for you, of course, if you don't mind."
"Uhm. Okay. I guess."
Taehyung walked in and glanced behind him as Jungkook mouthed, 'only you.'

Taehyung nodded before walking further into the room.
Maddie was perched onto the bed frame. She was looking outside the window, hands intertwined. She looked, like always, tired and,..tired.

"I'm sorry. For the way I've acted towards you. I just really wanted him b-back and I've forgotten everything t-that my life revolved around. I'm sorry for being mean and unruly inside your own home. I'm sorry for being a home wrecker."

"I k-know I don't deserve your forgiveness for all the troubles I have caused you and Jungkook. And I really do love him. More than myself. And I w-want him to be happy now. Will you keep him happy for me?"

"Of course, Maddie."
The aforementioned nodded before looking at Taehyung.

"Though I should be writing a whole novel on why I'm sorry to you. I'm also t-thankful. Thank you, Taehyung. I may not be the lucky o-one in this fairytale-like scene. But I-it kinda feels that way, you know? even though I probably look like I'm dead." She said with a soft chuckle.

"And I'm sorry, again. But try to forgive me this one last time. For I shall leave you with another burden."

"I'm,— giving full custody of the child to Jungkook."

"Maddie,—"
"No. He will be a better parent and I don't want the child to know that I was this close to eliminating her from the world but it changed for reasons other than of her. And I don't want to have a daily reminder that Jungkook is no longer mine. That he no longer needs me."

"Please take care of her,— and of Jungkook. Sometimes he gets too overwhelmed with work a-and a nice back rub usually helps."
"I'll keep that in mind."

Maddie nodded before looking out the window.
"My uncle said he'll take me back since I dont have the child anymore. But I swear, that didn't make me give Jungkook full custody. It was purely my wish."

"I'm just r-really sorry. About everything."

"I hope you find happiness in your plot, Maddie." Taheyung said softly.

"I do too."