Chapter 1 - Rebirth (I)

Shanghai, at the 60th annual Film Festival Awards ceremony.

This was undoubtedly a star-filled night, even the surrounding colorful lights seemed more dazzling than usual. The cameras’ flashes were as bright as day, the carefully crafted diamonds on the dresses were shining brightly, and the stars of the entertainment circle were all dressed up, walking gracefully through the red carpet, revealing a flawless smile to the camera.

However, the presence of one person made the screams that had filled the area suddenly reached it’s peak.

“Ji Ran! Ji Ran! ”

The long-awaiting fans lifted the fluorescent boards on their hands and called the man’s name.Immediately after, all the photographers also pointed their cameras at that person’s direction.

The man appearing at the end of the red carpet was the most popular movie star in the Entertainment circle: Ji Ran.

The man was wearing a white long gown, with a black hat adorning his head. The traditional styled clothing accentuated his tall and slender figure. He stopped on the red carpet, his whole persona exuding a gentle and warm aura.

Walking by his side was a newly debuted female artist named Xie Shi Qi, a pale blue cheongsam lining her exquisite stature, and a delicate hairpin crowning her flowing black hair. She looked dignified and elegant, while also maintaining her natural sexy charm as a woman.

They were a perfect match for each other. Their matching traditional clothes were based on the image of a pair of hero and heroine from a recent popular box office movie.

Xie Shi Qi set her foot on the red carpet with her arm linked with Ji Ran’s. Her fingers clenched in obvious tense at Ji Ran’s hand.

Ji Ran smiled, patted the back of her hand to express comfort, then said softly: “Don’t be nervous, just walk slowly. Look more to the right, there are several large web site reporters there, pay attention to your expression, let them get a few good shots of you. ”

“Okay.” Xie Shi Qi nodded. In addition of always being serious when filming, Ji Ran was also always extremely considerate in treating girls, therefore, over the years there had never been any gossip spread about him. In a top class entertainment circle, this was a rare feat.

The two of them faced the cameras together, and the award host immediately handed over a microphone to them: “Welcome to Mr. Ji Ran and Miss Xie Qi Shi!”

Ji Ran took the microphone, smiled and said: “Hello everyone, I am Ji Ran.”

His smile was very bright, appeared like the sun in front of the cameras, many of his fans burst into an immediate exaggerated screaming match when they saw this magnified smile of his.

The host was also entranced by his brilliant smile, and when he finally came back from this trance, he asked Ji Ran: “Cough, Mr. Ji, I heard in ‘Troubled Time ‘ filming process you never used a stuntman when doing the fighting scene, is this true? ”

As we all knew, when it came to difficult martial arts, a lot of stars would use a stuntman to complete it, but Ji Ran never did, all difficult plays were done by himself. Regarding this, people started to spread all sorts of rumors, some said that he came from a martial arts family, others said that he had learned the fist Kungfu in his childhood, in a word–this star had extraordinary skill, especially when doing martial arts.