Chapter 78 - Klaire, You're Finally Back!

Many alphas at the scene couldn’t help but admire how strong Xi Wei looked. There were even some already-married alphas who thought, if one day something happened to them, would their wife be able to withstand it as staunchly as Xi Wei?

Joen stood in the crowd, looking at Xi Wei’s calm profile, and a thread of regret suddenly rose up in his heart.

He didn’t know why, but ever since he’d woken up in the hospital, he always had a feeling like he’d forgotten something important. There was always a clear voice in his head asking, “Do you know what love is?”

That voice was just like Xi Wei’s.

Joen’s head often hurt lately, and he often saw Xi Wei in his dreams. He slowly found that the intense desire he had to dominate and possess Xi Wei might be explained as...love?

Xi Wei was really too unusual, he was completely different from the other omegas. Many alphas didn’t like an omega this violent, but Joen had lived like a prince since he was a child, and whatever he wanted, he got. Xi Wei’s refusal made him feel more motivated instead, and he had to obtain him or else.

Klaire was gone, and this was the perfect opportunity…

Joen looked at Xi Wei in front of the gravestone, and he clenched his fist tight.

After the funeral ended, Joen stopped Xi Wei on the path and said in a rare gentle tone, “Don’t be too sad, you still have me. I’ve always liked you, and as long as you’re willing, I can marry you at any time.”

Xi Wei looked at him indifferently and said steadily, “Thanks for your trouble. Klaire’s dead, and I won’t marry again in this lifetime.”

He finally had ample reason to escape marriage, but Xi Wei didn’t feel happy at all.

Disregarding Joen’s astonished look, Xi Wei simply turned and left.

Watching the eldest prince, dressed all in black, gradually disappear into the distance, Joen couldn’t resist cursing him in annoyance. “Xi Wei, have you gone stupid?! Exactly what’s good about Klaire? Is he worth going as far as not marrying?”

That was also the question many others couldn’t figure out. Because Xi Wei gave it out that day that he wouldn’t marry for the rest of his life, the imperial citizens felt that the eldest prince was making a mountain out of a molehill. Omegas were so scarce; even if their husbands died in battle, they were still allowed to remarry afterwards. Besides, he and Klaire hadn’t even gotten married yet. Did he have to have such an inflexible conscience?

Faced with all these questioning voices, Xi Wei didn’t make any response. He continued in his own way as before, insisting that he wouldn’t marry.

—Nobody knew his relationship with Klaire.

—They had two worlds tying them together, and they had so many precious memories in common. Now that Klaire, who understood him the most, had left, Xi Wei felt that in this world, he’d suddenly become very lonely.

***

Xi Wei didn’t believe that Klaire was already dead at all. After the funeral ended, he flew Egret around everywhere looking for Klaire. He went to many places, such as the distant Cigar galaxy, and the Lyra galaxy…

Although he said he was traveling to relax, he was actually only holding on to a thread of hope, searching the vast universe for traces of Klaire. Even if he found Bluestar’s wreck, it was fine…

However, he traveled through every region of the empire without any results.

After he returned to the palace, he passed his days very peacefully. When he felt bored, he went on the virtual network and played mecha battle games online. Since he had the experience of piloting the S-class mecha Egret, he was completely in his element battling mechas. His username, “eldestprince,” soon occupied first place on the mecha battling platform’s leaderboard.