Chapter 55 - Match Results (II)

The president of the Omega Protection Association came to the palace the next morning to tell His Majesty Trand the results of the genetic match. The Association had filtered out ten unmarried alphas in total. Besides Klaire whose degree of genetic compatibility exceeded 95%, among the alphas of a similar age, Carlo and Joen also had compatibility degrees of more than 80%.

His Majesty Trand considered past causes and future effects, and finally decided to discuss this matter with Berg.

When Berg came to the palace, he saw the genetic match results. He frowned and said, “Brother, what do you plan to do?”

“Xi Wei and Klaire grew up together, and their relationship is very good, but Klaire’s father General Byron’s stance is unclear at present. I don’t feel at ease marrying Xi Wei to someone from the Warwick family.” Trand was silent for a moment, then said, “What do you think about that boy Carlo?”

Berg smiled and said, “He’s not bad as a person, and his character is upright and straightforward. It’s just that he’s got a clumsy mouth, and doesn’t quite know how to express himself.”

Trand said, “Aren’t Xi Wei and Carlo also classmates? In a few years, when Carlo graduates from military school, I plan to have him and Xi Wei marry.”

Berg said, “With Xi Wei’s temper, if he doesn’t like Carlo and you just set the engagement, who can say but it might produce the opposite of the desired result. How about this, I’ll go find Xi Wei and sound out his opinion, and then we can make a decision.”

“Alright, that’s good too.” Trand patted Berg’s shoulder. “The person he trusts the most is you, his uncle, so go and ask him what he thinks.”

When Berg arrived at Xi Wei’s room, Xi Wei was looking at a map of the universe on a big screen. His mecha Egret had turned into a little white bird and was sitting quietly on his shoulder. Owner and mecha watched an introductory video about the universe’s galaxies together, seeming very absorbed.

When he saw this scene, Berg couldn’t help but smile. He said, “Xi Wei, you’re this interested in astronomy? And Egret’s watching too?”

When he heard his uncle’s familiar voice, Xi Wei immediately paused his video. He turned back, smiled and said, “Uncle, you came? I had nothing to do, so I was just taking a look. Who can say but you might send me to another galaxy in the future to carry out a task, so I have to at least be familiar with the interstellar hyperleap routes.”

As he said that, he invited his uncle to sit on the sofa beside him. He poured some coffee and brought it over to him.

Berg took a sip of coffee and said, “I came to find you today to tell you a piece of news. The results for the Association’s genetic matching came out. Do you want to guess who the alpha that matches you best is?”

Xi Wei also sat down and drank some coffee. He waved his hand and said, “I’m not interested in that.”

Berg looked back at him and said, “It’s Klaire.”

“Pfff—” Xi Wei sprayed out his mouthful of coffee. He hit his chest and coughed nonstop.

Berg laughed and said, “You didn’t expect it, huh? You were born on the same day as Klaire, you grew up together with him, and your genes are also a good match. If you two get married, you’ll definitely have the smartest and cutest children in the future.”

“…” Xi Wei pressed down on his chest and calmed down a little from his complicated mood. He gave his uncle an embarrassed glance and said, “That,” he coughed, “Klaire and I are only very good friends. Marrying him…I’ve never thought about it. Having children with him…that…never even occurred to me.”