Chapter 19 - Recognition (III)

This holiday, Xi Wei was very happy because he not only had a younger brother, Caesar, but also a cousin, Brian. The Queen Mother and Berg Wang Shu gave birth to two alpha boys one after another, and on this rare occasion, Wang Shu also brought his child to the palace for a short period of time. Xi Wei stayed with his family every day, feeling very relaxed and happy.

Cousin Brian was an active child, his two little hands were always caught in some chaos. On one occasion, Xi Wei handed him a miniature mech toy; he seemed particularly interested in machine armor, just like Berg Wang Shu. Once he had the toy in his arms, he absolutely refused to let go. If someone dared to touch his toy, he would burst into tears, and Caesar, as if he didn’t want to be outdone, would soon follow him in crying.

As long as the two alphas were crying, they were louder than anyone else, and as soon as they met each other, they would start to growl and cry. Their cries were enough to make King Trent frown, and he refused to be near the queen’s palace. Even the captain of the Royal Guard, Craig, quietly escaped far away. This made Uncle Berg very annoyed, and in the end he simply took Brian back home. Only after this would Caesar finally quiet down and stay obediently in his mother’s arms to drink nutritious milk.

Queen Anna reluctantly looked at Xi Wei and said, “Why is your brother always crying? You rarely cried when you were young.”

Xi Wei touched his brother’s head and smiled, “Maybe it’s because he is an alpha? Alphas are naturally strong, so from a young age he would also cry louder than others.”

Anna said, “Klaire is an alpha as well, but he never cried when he used to play with you, instead he liked to hold you.”

” …… ” Xi Wei’s face turned a bit embarrassed and he could not help but say, “Mother, when Klaire and I were children, we still did not understand anything. Don’t talk about it anymore please.”

Anna laughed, “Fine, I will not talk about it.”

Xi Wei sat beside Caesar who was drinking milk, the second princess Alicia was painting quietly on the table, and the third princess Xii Lin was busy playing with her doll’s hair. All four of her children were around, it was the happiest Queen Anna had been for some time.

Unfortunately, Xi Wei soon had to go back to school. Queen Anna hated to part with him, but still, she prepared a lot of food for him to eat, and clothes for him to wear; all of it was stuffed into a few boxes of luggage. Xi Wei took the initiative to hug her and said, “Mother, rest assured, the school is safe and I have good relations with the students. I’ll be back again on the next holiday.”

Anna nodded and touched her son’s head gently, “When you come back next time, you’ll be one year older, and Caesar will have already learned to speak.”

Xi Wei said with a smile, “Yes, at that time, I’ll get to listen to him calling me elder brother.”

He pinched little Caesar’s face while speaking. Caesar grabbed his hand, put it into his mouth, and suck on it for a while, however, once he found out that it was not tasty, he let go of his brother’s hand and turned to look for food. Xi Wei smiled, took his hand back and bowed respectfully to his mother, saying “Mother, I’ll be going back to school now.”

Anna nodded, “Yes… take good care of yourself.”

Watching her son turned around to leave, Anna could not help but lose her good mood a little.