Extra 2 - The Baby's Here (2)

When he heard the news of Xi Wei’s pregnancy, His Majesty Trand was overjoyed. He called Xi Wei and Klaire back to the palace and rewarded them with a feast, and prepared a truckload of presents for his unborn grandson, with things to eat, wear and use of all kinds. He even thought of a bunch of names to choose from.

Queen Anna went so far as to personally sew clothes for the baby.

Xi Wei was red with embarrassment over this. It was all because he hadn’t been willing to marry for years, and His Majesty and the Queen had expended no small amount of worry over his marriage. Now, not only was he married, but he’d gotten pregnant as well. His parents’ excitement was understandable.

Klaire’s father General Byron, on the other hand, was relatively unperturbed. When he heard that Xi Wei was pregnant, he urged Klaire, “Take good care of Xi Wei, and don’t let him get too tired. If you’re too busy, bring him back home and he can live there.”

Madam Grace immediately echoed him, saying, “That’s right, Klaire, you should have Xi Wei live at our home. Your little brother’s there, and he can keep him entertained. It’ll also be easier for me to make him some good food and supplement his nutrition.”

It just so happened that the movie was finished with filming, and Xi Wei could take the opportunity to rest for a while. Klaire followed his parents’ wishes and brought Xi Wei back home. Madam Grace made good food for Xi Wei every day. Since she looked down on the stuff the robots made for not being tasty enough, she personally entered the kitchen daily. By the time Xi Wei was in the fourth month of his pregnancy, he’d fattened out round as a ball.

Klaire felt that when he’d gained a little weight, Xi Wei was really soft to hug. Xi Wei didn’t care about the problem of his physique either. After he’d gotten pregnant, he always had a big appetite, and he could eat a lot at every meal, not to mention it was easy for him to get hungry. Maybe it was because the little guy in his belly had big demands.

In the fourth month of pregnancy, Xi Wei’s stomach had an obvious bulge. When you touched it, you could clearly feel the little life inside. The little guy was very lively, and he’d occasionally kick Xi Wei with both feet to remind him of his existence.

Fortunately, Xi Wei’s pregnancy symptoms weren’t serious at all. He never had morning sickness, he had a good appetite, and he slept well. After getting pregnant, his face was even a lot rosier than before.

Today, Klaire came back home after finishing work, and found Xi Wei diligently pruning the branches of the trees in the yard. Given a scare, Klaire immediately walked up and brought Xi Wei down, rebuking him in a low voice: “You’re almost about to become a dad, and you’re still climbing up and down. Do you have nothing to do?”

Xi Wei didn’t seem to think that mattered. He waved his hand and said, “Besides my stomach being a bit bigger, there’s not much difference from usual. I’m horribly bored staying in the house all day. What’s there to be afraid of if I come out and do something? I’m not that weak.”

However, as soon as Xi Wei finished speaking, he was proven wrong. His stomach suddenly started to hurt. Xi Wei’s eyebrows drew together slightly, and he couldn’t help but bend over.

Klaire thought the fetus must be moving inside of him. Worried, he immediately brought Xi Wei to the chair beside them and had him sit down, and asked with an anxious face, “What happened? Do you not feel well?”

With a depressed face, Xi Wei pressed down on his stomach, saying, “This little brat’s always kicking me, he’s too disobedient!”

Klaire went blank, and then realized that the baby in his belly had kicked Xi Wei just now.